CHAPTER 19 Pretend You Don't See Her - Jerry Vale (Roger&Kate)

1

1.

⬇FLASHBACK⬇

The first time Roger saw Kate was one day when he was walking out of the School Police Academy with his mates.

The All Girls Academy was nearby and was letting the students out.

As Roger and his mates walked by, he saw Kate walking by and it was like the World stopped.

It was like time went in slo motion.

Roger saw her long red hair flowing in the wind, her green eyes, beautiful face and gorgeous figure.

It was practically love at first sight for him.

But apparently it was not for her because she turned him down the first time that he asked her out.

It wasn't until later that Kate started to reconsider going out with him.

Because she learned that Roger had made friends in high places through the good Police Detective work that he did and she got the idea that he might be able to help her connect with someone willing to help her to become a doctor.

Women weren't allowed to become doctors with very few exceptions.

They were barely even allowed to become nurses.

Kate thought to herself that with Roger's help she could be an exception.

But the idea of using Roger like that for her own gain wasn't something that she wanted to do.

She'd rather try to be a doctor on her own.

And she would've rather went out with him because she liked him, not to use him.

But she was a little intimidated by his reputation and what she heard other people say about him.

Ultimately, it was her sister Clare that convinced Kate to give Roger a chance and go out with him.

It was one night at a get-together that Kate and Clare went to that Roger, Nick, and Rick also happened to be at.

Kate and Clare were talking about Roger and Clare said–

–"Come on, you should go out with him. He's cute and he's about your height."

"Having the same height isn't really a desirable trait."

"He's good-looking and he has blue eyes. Imagine how cute your kids will be."

"Why don't 'You' go out with him then?"

"Cause unlike you, I already have someone. Go on, take a chance."

"All right, fine. Who knows, maybe he has some connections I could use."

"Who cares about his connections?"

Then Roger came up to them as they were talking and said—

—"Hi Kate, would you like to go out with me tomorrow night?"