Perfectly Wrong

You and Harry had been dating for almost 2 and a half years, with more than just a few bumps in the road. Always saying one thing and doing another. You were basically killing each other slowly. It wasn't a healthy relationship. One day as it was raining you and Harry had gotten into yet another argument. It was bad enough to where you storm out of his apartment into the rain. Harry followed after you, "Y/N wait!" He catches your arm pulling you back. "You know what Harry, I can't do this anymore!" You pull your arm from his grip, the rain is pouring on to the both of beginning to soak you from head to toe. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "All the constant arguing, all the nights I spent crying myself to sleep, all the times I've made you cry. It's exhausting and it's hurting me. I can't do it anymore. This is not what I wanted our relationship to look like." You confess. "So what we argue? We've always made up. Even when things go wrong, we still make it work. I love you, so much. Please..don't do this." Harry begged. "That's right, when things go wrong. We say and do things that hurt each other, Harry." You felt tears fill your eyes and took a breath before continuing. "Look, I love you too and I know that that feeling will probably never go away, but I can't keep hurting like this and I can't keep hurting you. We may be 'perfect', but it's all wrong. And I think it's time to let us go." You were choked up as a tear fell down your cheek. But in the rain it was hard to tell that you were crying. You could hear it in your voices. It was quiet between the two of you, only to be left with the sound of rain pelting the street and the side walks. You see Harry sigh. "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back it was meant to be, and if they don't, they were never yours to begin with. Right?" He asks. You sigh slightly nodding. "Maybe our timing was off. Maybe we just need some space to figure our lives out. I can tell you need it just as much as I do." You said. "But I don't want to." He grabbed your hand. "Let's say we give it a year? I can finish my last year at school, you can focus on your music and go on that tour you postponed." You suggest. "I don't think I could spend a year without you." He pushed the wet strands of hair out of your face. "I don't think I could either, but we have to. I want to be happy and I want see you be happy. If there's any chance of fixing this, fixing us. Then let's take the year." You said. "I'll wait for you." He said. "You don't have to Harry." You told him. "But I want to, if that's what it takes. I'll wait." You nodded. "So is this where I say goodbye?" You shook your head. "It's see you later.." You wrapped your hand on his neck pulling him in for a short kiss then pulled away. That was before he pulled you back kissing you for just a moment longer. You pulled away as he drew his hand down your arm grabbing your hand, you slowly stepped back barely hanging onto each other's fingers before you let go turning around to walk away. Leaving Harry standing there alone on the street in the pouring rain.