Dental Anxiety

Requested by: TPWK_RachelS

Y/N's POV
Being an adult who says dental anxiety was quite embarrassing. I never really had the best experience in the past with trips to the dentists. No one ever took it seriously. I was treated like I was overreacting. I had my annual six-month teeth cleaning appointment. Now I know it's just a cleaning but I always had the fear of being told that I was going to have a took removed or even just a cavity needed to be filled. I hated needles or anything sharp that would cause me pain because I had a pretty low tolerance for pain. Luckily Harry was kind enough to take me to my appointment but it wasn't easy leaving the house nor did having him be there calm me down.

I sat in the chair as Harry sat in another chair in the corner. He scooted the stool closer to the chair placing his hand on my leg softly caressing it to calm me down. It was soothing.

The dental assistant came into the room to give me my cleaning. It didn't feel too comfortable and then I heard what sounded like a drill, I panicked slightly flinching. Tears filled my eyes as I felt Harry continue to rub my leg. "You're alright darling.." I heard his voice over the 'drilling' sound as the cleaning brush rubbed up against my teeth.

My cleaning was finally over, I was sat up in the chair. "You did good babe." He spoke. I sniffled giving a weak smile. Harry grabbed a few tissues from the box on the window sill before walking over to me and wiped my tears. "This is embarrassing, I can't even get through a dental appointment without crying." I said. "Hey, it's okay. I'm proud of you for getting through it anyway." He said kissing the top of my head. "Now can I see that beautiful smile?" He asked. I gave him a smile, showing off my cleaned teeth. "Gorgeous.." He said, pulling out his phone. "Smile darling!" He said. I smiled again as he snapped the picture.