Debutante

Francesca was one of those debutants. She begged her parents, Y/N and Harry for months when she was 12 to become a junior debutante because she wanted to be just like her mother, who unfortunately passed a few months after the last season. Now she was 17 and still a debutante, but it wasn't what she wanted anymore. She couldn't enjoy the events that she wanted to with her mum. Today was the mother's tea and brunch as well as the senior ball, she signed the contract that she had to attend every event, to which she regretted then. But to sit there alone while all the other girls have their mothers to sit in, drink tea and have lunch with them. Francesca didn't want to feel anymore out of sorts than she had been without her mother. Francesca woke up to the sound of her father knocking on her bedroom door. She ignored it as she continued to lie in bed, hiding beneath the duvet. "Francesca!" Her father called. she groaned in annoyance as she sat up on the edge of the bed slumped. She then heard her bedroom door creak open. "C'mon Franny, what are you doing? We're gonna be late." She just sat there staring blankly with the look of numbness in her face. "Cheech?" He spoke. She snapped from her trance directing her eyes towards him. "Hm?" "You okay, sweetheart?" "Could I just stay home today, please dad. Don't make me go.." She begged, "But it's your last tea and ball before graduation. You don't want miss it." He tells her. "It's just a stupid brunch and ball. It's not like it'll be memorable anyway." She snarks, Harry sighs before he sits down on the bed next to her. "This is about your mum, isn't it.." Francesca had a lot of anger towards her mother's death. She was rightfully upset about the loss of her mum. She didn't believe it could ever happen. It changed her. "She was supposed to be here. This was supposed to be something we did together." She said. "I know, sweets. I know.." He spoke. "I don't want to even bother showing if all the other girls are just going to rub it in that they have their mothers and I don't." She said. "Darling, look at me. She will always be here with you. She wouldn't want you to miss this." He says, Francesca sighed. "Here, I have something I want to show you." Harry walked over to her closet and pulled out the dress that Francesca was supposed to wear. "Oh my god.." She gasped. "Is that.." She spoke. "It was mum's. We had Nan get it tailored for your big night." Harry told her. Francesca had a small smile on her face. The first smile he's really seen from her in a while. "I also have another surprise for you, Gemma?" He called out. Gemma then walked into Francesca's bedroom dressed for the brunch. "Why aren't you dressed, we don't want to miss brunch." Gemma spoke. "You're taking me to brunch?" Francesca asked. "Of course I am!" She smiled. "Now come on, we're going to be late." Gemma said.