God Only Knows

Your 14 year old daughter, Nova had been in a freak accident when she was out with her friends for the weekend leaving her hospitalized and in a coma. You and Harry were sitting in a conference room with your daughter's doctor discussing her life support. "Harry, it's been over a month.." You told him. Harry just say their silently staring at the consent papers with a pen in his hand. "So once I sign this, you unplug her? Today?" He asked. "Yes, we would start the process this afternoon.." The doctor explained. Harry sat there shaking his head. "Screw it! I'm not signing the stupid papers!" He tossed the pen and pushed the papers away from him before he stood up. "Harry.." You spoke. "No, I'm not giving up on her! I won't do it!" He shouted before storming out of the room.

Harry left to the room to go back to Nova's room. He sat in the chair at her bedside holding her hand as he stared up at the ceiling and began to pray, "Please, I know you can hear me out there. Please don't take her away from me.." He choked out. "I don't ask for much but I need you to give my little girl back. Please?" He begged. "Please.." He whispered.

He had sat there for almost a half hour before you walked in behind Harry as he sat there with his arms crossed, waiting for something to change. You placed your hand on his shoulder. He looked up at you briefly before looking over at Nova as he brought his hand over top of yours. He then leaned his head onto your hand. "I just want our little girl back, Y/N.." He choked up. "I know.. I do too." You spoke. Harry then left go of your hand before moving his seat closer to Nova's hospital bed. "Please wake up, angel.. I miss your sweet smile and the sound of laugh." Harry had leaned his arms against the bedside railing. He felt softly caressed the back his finger against her cheekbone. "Try singing to her, Harry. I read somewhere that it's proven to help wake comatose patients." He sighed before his choked up voice softly sang the song he used to sing to her when she was a little girl. "I may not always love you, but long as there are stars above you. You never need to doubt it, I'll make you so sure about it." His voice began to choke up as he held her hand tilting his head down. Her brow softly twitched before she softly squeezed his hand. "Nova?" You spoke. Harry popped his head up. "What?" He asked. "I think her eyebrow just twitched. Try singing again, Harry." "Cause', God only knows what I'd be without you.." Her eyes lightly fluttered as they slowly opened. She looked over at him. Her lip twitched trying to softly smile at him with the tube in her mouth. He breathed a relieved sigh. "Hi, baby.." He said tearfully. "I knew you'd come back to me." She looked around the room seeing the hospital walls and the machines that helped keep her alive. She began to cough over the breathing tube. Harry pressed the call button as nurses came into the room to remove the tube. "What happened?"
She asked coughing. "You had an accident, baby. They had to keep you asleep for your brain to heal." Harry told her. The doctor gave her a neuro-exam. "A little weak, but I'd love to run a few tests and do an exam hourly. Welcome back, Ms. Nova." The doctor spoke.  "Would you like some water?" You asked her as you poured water into a cup with a straw. "Yes please.." Nova replied before bringing the straw to her lips. "How long was I asleep for?" She asked. " A little over a month." You spoke. "We thought we lost you, sweets.." Harry caressed the top of her hand.
"I didn't want to go." She said as tears filled her eyes. "Its okay, you're okay now.." He comforted her.