A Long Night

It was 7:00am as you had just finally put your 4 year old, daughter, Janie, down for bed finally after being up with her half the night. You were in her room with a bucket as she got sick trying to manage her above 100° temperature running back and forth from the bathroom to get her a glass of water.

Hours Earlier - 2:30AM

You were asleep next to Harry when you immediately woke up to your daughters cries. "Mumma!" She cried out. You quickly and quickly got out of bed rushing to Janie's room. "I'm coming, baby.." You replied back.
"Mumma, my tummy hurts!" She cried. "Shh, it's okay baby. Do you think you're gonna throw up?" You ask her, she nodded.

Luckily you had always been prepared for this having a bin sat in the corner of each bedroom just incase. You quickly grabbed the bin bringing it to her as she got sick into it. "It's okay, baby." You felt that she was burning up. You reached into her bedside table for the thermometer to check her temperature. 101.5.

You quickly rushed to the bathroom to get some children's Tylenol and a cup of water for her to drink. Hoping it would help bring down her fever. You were at her bedside all night as she continued to get sick in the bin and you'd check her temp every hour and refill her glass every time it was empty.

It was a long night before you checked her temperature one last time as she had finally fallen back to sleep. It was down to a 99.2°. You sighed relieved that her temp was going down. You were exhausted but it was apart of the 'job' of being a parent. You had walked into yours and Harry's bedroom rubbing your tired eyes. Harry was up in bed. "Where've you been? I got lonely last night." Harry jokingly pouts. You sighed as you were overwhelmed. "Janie's been sick all night..I just put her to bed now." You explained. "Why didn't you wake me?" He asked. "Because I knew you had to be up early." You told him. You went to crawl back into bed next to him. "Well, I can call and reschedule my meeting for tomorrow. I will take care of Janie today, you my love. Get some sleep." He kissed your forehead. "Mumma!" Janie cried out again. "I've got her.." He spoke. "Daddy's coming baby!" Harry called out as he got up out of bed.