Chapter 41

"I hope everything's fine" you frowned as you settled into your old bed. Techno wrapped his arms around you as he rested his head on your shoulder.

"I'm sure things will be okay, he's gone this long right? I'm sure he'll recover again" Techno reassured as you smiled with a nod.

He was right, he had survived this long so you didn't really need to panic, just be concerned. Just like when you were little. Right?

The next morning had come quickly as you both woke up from a knock to the door. "The King requests to see you two" called Donnie through the door before he left back to his post.

Getting up you grabbed a robe and put it on over your pajamas. Techno however, out of habit, got dressed.

You both made your way to the room Schlatt was in to see him standing up and happy, however with a cane.

Schlatt turned ro you with a smile as you rushed to hug him. "Doctor said I'm all clear. I shouldn't have anymore problems for a long while, just need to use the cane to keep steady" he chuckled as you smiled widely.

"I'm glad your better, this is the worse I've seen you, I got worried" you frowned as Schlatt agreed "Yeah, I wasn't sure of the results either."

-

"I'm glad Schlatt is doing better, I don't like seeing you upset" Techno smiled as you sat on his lap on the car ride home.

"I don't like being upset either, or worried about my father" you chuckled as the car came to to stop.

Looking out the window however, something felt off. You and Techno get out the car to see Wilbur waiting at the gate with tears pouring from his eyes.

"Wilbur what happened" you asked softly as he looked to you and Techno.

"Phil's gone. He's dead."

[Word count 313]

lol