Malivore (Part 3)

-Salvatore Boarding School-

A few minutes later, after escaping the annoyance of the honor council elections, I walked outside to the lake. As I was standing on the dock, I looked down at the prism in my hand. I had to talk to my parents again, or at least someone who could help me.

Elijah's Voice: I must say, you certainly selected a lovely spot to talk.

I smiled to myself when I heard my Uncle Elijah's voice from behind me. I turn around and look up at him, seeing him as I remembered, dressed nicely in a suit with a charming smile on his face.

Nicole: *tears filling her eyes* It reminds me of the one back in the bayou.

Elijah: Please, Nicolette, no tears.

Nicole: *chuckles* I can't help it. I've missed you so much.

Elijah: *smiles softly* And I have missed you, my Dearest Niece.

Nicole: *wipes her tears away as she looks up at him* I don't think I can overcome my nightmares, Uncle Elijah.

Elijah: Is that Nicolette Mikaelson telling me she can't do something? Absolute nonsense. Nicolette, our family ran away in hiding for centuries from our father. Not one of us were brave enough to face him. But you, you're the bravest young woman I've ever known. There's not many little girls that would hug a monster.

Nicole: *shakes her head* You weren't a monster. Not to me. And not to Mom.

Elijah: *smiles softly down at her* Believe in yourself, Sweetheart. You can do so many wondrous things when you do.

A couple seconds later, Uncle Elijah disappears, leaving me once again. I sigh softly, wishing I didn't have to feel this emptiness inside me all the time. But he and my parents were right. I can't let Mikael control my nightmares any more. There was only one way I could do that, but I needed help. After going back into the school, I walked around as I tried looking for Josie. I soon found her, buying votes for Lizzie. Go figure.

Nicole: Hey, Josette. C-Can I talk to you for a moment?

Josie: *quickly looks at her, softly smiling* Sure. What's up?

Nicole: I need your help with something." I tell her.

Josie: *pauses* I-I would, but I promised Lizzie I would...

Nicole: *cuts her off as she gently grabs her hand* Please. This is really important. Hope is busy with Landon. I need someone to be with me when I do this.