Maybe I Should Start From The End (Part 3)

Meanwhile -Somewhere in Indiana-(Hope's POV)

Meanwhile
-Somewhere in Indiana-
(Hope's POV)

Dr. Saltzman, Aunt Delilah, and I were driving in the middle of nowhere, heading towards Landon's location. While my aunt was sleeping in the back, Dr. Saltzman was quizzing me for the upcoming midterm. We were just passing the "Welcome to Indiana" road sign when he asked me another dumb question.

Alaric: Indiana. Crossroads of America. What's the capital?

I mean, seriously? Grade school study questions?

Hope: *looking out the window* We learned that in, like, eighth grade.

Alaric: Oh, good, then you should know it.

Hope: I didn't say I absorbed the information.

Alaric: *sighs a little* Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, if you can't handle grade school geography, you're gonna flunk all your exams.

Hope: *looks at him, starting to get annoyed* Are Lizzie and Josie studying? Maybe you should focus on them.

Alaric: Yeah, well, they're still in Europe with Caroline. *mumbles* Thank God.

Hope: Religion has no place in the classroom, Dr. Saltzman. The Supreme Court made sure of that with its ruling on Engel vs Vitale. And Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana. I'm getting an "A" in geography. Chill. *notices the compass mechanism on the bracelet turning to the left* Take the next left. He's on the move.

Alaric: *nods, turning the steering wheel* All right. Indiana is surrounded by what four states?

Hope: I thought we just established that I am dominating geography.

Alaric: Fine. Then let's move on to science.

Delilah: *laying against the door in the backseat, her eyes closed* Let's move on to the quiet game. I am trying to get some beauty sleep.

Alaric: *annoyed* And I am trying to teach Hope. Besides you've been getting your "beauty rest" since we left the school. Aren't you beautiful enough?

Delilah: *grins softly in amusement* You think I'm beautiful, Ricci?

Okay, I think I'm going to gag.

*****