See You in Hell, Darling (Part 5; Own Chapter)

Day 2-Salvatore Boarding School-(Nicole's POV)

Day 2
-Salvatore Boarding School-
(Nicole's POV)

It was later the next day, and Richie, Kaleb, and I were arriving back to Mystic Falls. Even though I loved being back home in New Orleans, it was nice to come back here. I mean, the school is another home to me. As we were driving past the front gates, all I could think about was the scolding I was about to receive from Headmaster Saltzman and my sister. But after last night with Richie, there was nothing they could say that was going to bring me down from cloud nine.

Kaleb: *breaking the silence* Well, looks like it's back to the wolf cells.

Richie: There's no way in hell I'm going in one of those things. They can punish me another way.

Nicole: If anyone is getting punished, it's me. I'll say I made you come.

Richie: *looks at her* That's not happening either.

That made me smile a little. Pretty soon, after parking my car, the three of us get out and walk into the school, where Headmaster Saltzman, Emma, and Hope were waiting. Shocker.

Alaric: *frowning, his arms crossed* Welcome back. I hope you three enjoyed yourselves, because it's the last time you're going to for the next month.

Kaleb: *mumbling* Told you.

Nicole: Look, Headmaster Saltzman, I made them go. Don't punish them.

Hope: *shooting her twin a stern look* I can't believe you ran off like that. No, wait. I actually can, because your temper makes you reckless.

Richie: *glares down at her* At least she's not a tight ass like you, Hope.

Emma: Enough! *looks at Nicole as she calms down* Nicole, what you've done is completely irresponsible. You put yourself in the position where you almost gave into your dark intentions. Not to mention that you also stole the knife that's been drawing out all sorts of monsters.

Nicole: I know, and I'm really sorry. I thought I could get more information than Headmaster Saltzman did. But that's no excuse for what I did. *takes the knife out of her backpack and hands it to Alaric*

Alaric: *stares at her in shock* You're apologizing?

Nicole: *nods* Yeah.

Hope: *tilts her head in confusion* Okay... Who are you and what have you done with my sister?

Nicole: Last night, Lizzie, of all people, made me remember why I killed Gregory in the first place. He hurt me. And yeah, I got angry, but that wasn't the real reason. Maybe all I needed was to hear someone else say that. I'm not a bad person. No matter what people think. *walks past them, looking for Lizzie. She goes over to her when she finds her* Hey.

Lizzie: *turns to look at her* You're back.

Nicole: *nods* Yeah. Just got my lecture from your dad and my sister. *pauses* I wanted to thank you for last night. For what you said. *reaches into her backpack again, pulling out a bakery box of macaroons. She holds it out towards Lizzie* I...I got these for you. They're from my favorite bakery in New Orleans. It's an assortment, mostly beignet and key lime pie ones though. I-I know how much you love key lime.

Lizzie: *slowly takes the box, looking surprised at her offering* T-Thank you.

Nicole: You're welcome.

I can literally feel the awkwardness between us getting strangely stronger by the second, until we both hear a meow coming from our feet. It was Magic and I was surprised when I saw her rubbing her body against Lizzie's legs.

Nicole: Wow. She likes you. *picks up her tabby cat*

Lizzie: Yeah. She wouldn't leave me all night for some reason.

Nicole: She likes to cuddle at night and Hope's not a good cuddler.

Lizzie: *scoffs* Shocker.

At that moment, I notice Josie walking by a few feet away and Lizzie must've seen the glare in my eyes because she turned her head and saw it was for her sister.

Lizzie: *quickly looks back at her, a pleading expression covering her face* Don't do anything to Jo. Please.

Was Lizzie Saltzman asking for my mercy? As much as I wanted to fill Josie's bed with snakes, I couldn't. Not after seeing the genuine concern for Josie in Lizzie's blue eyes.

Nicole: The only thing I'm going to do, is give her the coldest shoulder she's ever gotten.

Lizzie: *faintly smiles* Thank you, Nicole.

I only nod, turning and walking away from her. As I got further away, I could almost sense Lizzie's eyes staying on me the entire time.

*****

(Lizzie's POV)

I didn't want to watch Nicole walk down the hallway, but for some reason, I couldn't resist. I can't believe she got me a dessert gift. She even knew what my favorite dessert was. I mean, what the hell? We're supposed to be enemies. Enemies don't give each other great gifts. And I definitely shouldn't be having this "jealous" feeling at the sight of Richie wrapping his arm around Nicole's waist. I had to look away. Maybe I'll distract myself with Nicole's gift. I slowly opened the box, looking down at all the aesthetically pleasing macaroons. Well, I might as well try one. So, I gently picked up one of the key lime ones and took a small nibble. Oh my freaking God. This was literally the best thing I've ever tasted. And to think, it's from Nicole Mikaelson. No! I'm not going to let her charm her way for my forgiveness! I'm not going to give in so easily like Josie. I have to hear an apology from those unglossed lips of Nicole's first.

*****
Night 2
-The Woods-
(Nicole's POV)

My heart was racing and I made sure my breathing was steady as I ran through the woods with Richie in our wolf forms. It's been a while since we've done this, and I was loving every minute of it. This was another difference between Hope and I. She ran to get away from her problems. I ran for the thrill of it. This was what being a werewolf was all about. So far I was ahead of Richie, but he wasn't far behind me either. And when I wasn't paying attention, he lunged and pounced on top of me. We both fell, laughing as we transformed back to our human forms. A couple minutes later, we both calmed down and that's when I realized Richie was completely naked on top of me, making me blush.

Richie: *chuckles* Before last night, this would've been awkward.

Nicole: I've seen you naked before.

Richie: Yeah, but never this close. The only thing that would make this better is you naked underneath me. *whispers huskily, his eyes turning dark with lust*

Nicole: *smirks* Then why the hell haven't you ripped off my clothes yet?

The moment those words left my mouth, Richie was tearing my clothes to shreds. Oh my God, I'm having hot sex in the woods at night. Can this get any better?