74. Scared

JENNIE KIM

I woke up from one of the best sleep of my life which was soon proved wrong. Even though the sleep was good, waking up wasn't. I felt immense pain all over my body.

I tried to open my eyes but the light was so bright that I had to fight for a while to properly see my surroundings.

I heard the shuffling sound around and the voice of atleast 4 people, maybe more. I felt a hand on my cheak wiping the tear that left my eye because of the pain.

"Heyy. It's going to be okay. You're fine now." I finally identified my girlfriend's voice among the other. She was the one who wiped my cheek. I saw her smiling at me and she kissed my forehead. My parents, her parents, Jisoo unnie and rosie were all there.

"What happened?" I asked confused when I understood I was laying on a hospital bed wrapped in bandages. "Why am I here? Fuck it hurts."

Oops I cursed in front of our partners. I looked at them but they didn't say anything. Instead my mom came forward and cried while my dad called the doctor.

"You had an accident last night when you were coming back from the 24/7 store." Jisoo answered my question. I tried to remember and it finally clicked.

"Oh My God. I remember." I scrunched my nose and pouted, faking like I'm in pain. "Lili it hurts... Did they give me any painkillers or not?"

"Doctor is on the way." Mr kim said shaking at his head at his younger daughters overacting. "I guess you're already okay."

The atmosphere lightened after that and Jennie's talked with all the people around her. The doctor repeated what they did during operation and told Jennie about her injuries.

Everyone was releaved to know that Jennie is going to be fine.

"What time is it?" I asked because it felt like I slept for hours but still it was dark outside the window.

"It's 4 in the morning." Lisa told me. She never left my side since I woke up and I know that she was beside me even when I was asleep.

"You all must be tired. I'll be fine you can go home and rest." I said looking at all of their tired faces. "I'm sorry I made all of you worry."

"We are fine here." Mrs. Kim said and Mr kim nodded agreeing with his wife

"Yeah I am not tired at all." Jisoo said and jumped up and down to prove her point.

"I'm not leaving your side." Lisa said stubbornly.

I sighed looking at all of them. "I'm going to sleep again. So there is no need for all of you to stay."

"Sleep than, i am not going anywhere." My stubborn girlfriend said. Uhgg

"Dad please take everyone home." I gave him my puppy eyes which I know will melt him in an instant. He groaned and stood up pulling mom and Jisoo outside with him. Rosie followed them too.

Lisa's parents also bid us goodbye and promised to make breakfast for me. Joking about how bad the hospital food is.

Lisa and I are the only ones left now. "I'm not going. And your puppy eyes are not gonna to work." She said looking at my right leg. How can it work if she's not looking at my face.

"Help me." I asked her as I lifted my body to sit. She instantly turned in my direction and helped me to sit properly by adjusting the bed angle and pillows. I scooted on the right side of the hospital bed, leaving enough space for Lisa to fit.

"Come here" I tapped the bed gesturing her to sit beside me which she gladly did with caution. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I instinctively melted in her arm and rested my head on her chest.

"I don't want you to go either." I mumbled feeling a bit tired even though I didn't do much since I woke up. "I saw the car coming in my direction, It was so close when I noticed it. My legs didn't move even though I was running away from that scene in my mind. I was so scared Lis. I thought I will never see you again."

She tightened her grip around me slightly just enough to not hurt me and hugged me. "I'm here now. Everything's going to be fine."

"How can everything be fine? I dont know if I will be able to walk or dance properly. Just look at me Lisa, I will have scars all over my body." I cried hard, I don't know how long it will take for me to walk. I don't know if I can run or dance anymore. I don't know if people in this industry will accept me with all these scars.

"I tried. I tried to be strong in front of everyone else, But I'm not strong Lis. I'm scared I will loose everything I love. I'm so scared I'll loose you Lisa."

"You're not going to loose anything especially you'll never loose me. I'll stay by your side to annoy you even after our hairs turn grey." She joked that made me smile a little but still the mood was gloomy.

"And you're the strongest person I know, not to forget you have Lisa Manoban by your side. You can say you're the strongest woman all over Asia and Europe." She decided to brag about her wealth when I'm having an emotional breakdown? I can't believe this girl. Still it made me smile.

"You will walk, run and dance just like before. I can be your dance mentor if you want."

"You will be my dance mentor?" I genuinely smile so brightly for the first time since I woke up.

"Umhmm... But first you should sleep because we have to go for your therapy tomorrow. It's the first step towards our goal." I nodded smiling.

I didn't miss the way she referred the goal as ours, both of us together. We can do anything when we are together.

She adjusted my bed and kissed my forehead, nose and my lips. "Good night Nini" she kissed my eyes and closed the lights of the room. I slept right away like a baby.