ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

"Slow down," Jordan said, looking at Olive

He laughed as Olive took yet another bite of her pizza before sticking her nose back into the notebook Griffin had lent her to study with for the past week.

"I can't. Test." She replied with a mouth full of pizza.

"Didn't you and Xavier study for hours all through last week?" Kat asked.

She's right. I came over to her house practically every day. On most days, I tutored her, helping her get ready for the test and on a few days, she tutored me, seeing as I still needed help with some subjects.

"He even came around yesterday after his courses to study with you again," Jordan pointed out.

"Yeah but according to her, she still isn't ready," I laughed.

"That's what she always says" Mirabel murmured but no one heard it except me.

"I'm really not and this is worth 30% of my grade" She sighed before she started coughing.

"You're going to choke if you eat so fast"

I moved over to her side, rubbing her back as I handed her a bottle of water. "Drink"

Heat rose to her cheeks as she downed the bottle of water. "Thank you"

"You learn fast, princess. Last week you would've called me a jackass instead of saying thank you" I smiled.

"You're still a jackass." She muttered, focusing back on the notes.

"Can you two just date already?" Kat sighed, stuffing another chocolate bar into her mouth.

This was like her- sixth one?

"Shut up" Olive grumbled, throwing a pebble at her but it didn't hit her.

"Watch where you're throwing things" Millie snapped, flicking the pebble off her lap with her fingers.

"It was an accident?" Olive said but it was more of a question.

"She obviously didn't mean it" Griffin spoke up, glaring at Maggie.

"Yeah, it wasn't on purpose," Jordan added.

"I know. I was just teasing. I'm not mad, Olive" A fake ass smile appeared on her face as she talked.

The rest of the group went back to talking with each other but Olive buried her head into the notes.

I knew none of them hadn't noticed but Olive's mood changed when Matilda snapped at her.

"Do you wanna go on a walk with me?" I whispered so that only she could hear.

She looked up at me, her big brown doe eyes, staring into my sapphire ones. I noticed tears forming at the corner of her eyes which she furiously blinked away.

She's too proud for her own good. I can already tell that she doesn't like being yelled at, despite the tough exterior she puts on.

"Come on" I scrambled to my feet before grabbing her hands and pulling her up as well.

"And where are you two off to?" The others didn't seem to notice the tone in Megan's voice but Olive and I certainly did.

"We're going for a walk. Is there a problem, Martha?" I snapped, wrapping my arms around Olive's waist just to piss her off even more and it worked.

Her eyes narrowed as she noticed my hand placement. Olive's eyes, however, widened in shock but she didn't say anything.

Come to think of it, this is the longest she has gone without saying anything. if I knew it would be this easy to shut her up, I would've wrapped my arms around her waist a long time ago.