ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 29

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

People. They were everywhere. It was 8pm on the dot, the ball had officially started and everywhere was packed.

Masked guests filled the corridors and foyers as a bunch of people walked around, trying to find the members of the inner circle.

I smiled softly, leaning on the railing of the double staircase as I watched the people below me.

It was crazy to think that all these people were either members of the Russo mafia or friends or family who knew about the mafia.

"Is Griff back yet?" Wyatt asked as he joined me.

"Hard to tell," I replied without looking at him.

"You know he's not going to forgive you"

"It's part of his job" I countered.

"You made him bring the smurf as his date. Whether it's part of his job or not, you know he doesn't like her." Wyatt laughed.

I just hummed in response as my eyes searched the people below us, hoping I would find who I was looking for.

"You're looking for her"

I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was smiling.

My thoughts were proven correct as I turned to face him, a small smile prominent on his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Oh, look. She just walked in"

My head snapped towards the two front doors which were held open by two of my guards.

Rather than seeing Olive and Xamira, a group of old masked men walked into the house, their eyes instantly landing on the group of girls that were hanging around the buffet tables.

Wyatt snickered as I glared at him, his mask almost falling off his face.

"Okay, okay. How about you check the ballroom and I'll go check outside?"

I rolled my eyes as he shoved his hand in the pocket of his dark blue suit trousers, walking towards the front doors while I walked to the ballroom.

One of the guards held the door out for me as I walked in, marveling in the beautiful work my mom and Laura had done.

The ballroom, which was once dusty and full of cobwebs, was now vibrantly decorated and packed with people.

The ground floor of the ballroom housed the dance floor, which was where people were able to walk around, mingle and dance.

My head lifted as I looked at the first floor, which had the double staircases, connecting it to the ground floor. The first floor held some couches and lounge chairs , acting as a sort of lounging area.

By the look of the two guards who stood at the top of the stairs, I could tell that it was just my family and family friends that would be allowed in there.

I couldn't make out what was on the second floor because of the height difference but the mouth watering smell of freshly made food made it easy for me to deduce that dinner would be served up there.

I made my way to the middle of the ballroom, pushing past the crowds of people who were all desperately trying to find me or one of my friends or family members before climbing up the staircase in the middle, positioning myself on the landing as I continued my search for her.

I noticed Wyatt walk into the ballroom after some minutes, his eyes searching the room before landing on me up on the staircase.

He tried to tell me something from across the room, his hands cupping his mouth but I couldn't make out what he was saying because of the loud music blasting through the room.