ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 43

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

I watched as her head bumped against the car window causing her to jerk up, her eyes shooting open.

She rubbed her eyes, a small yawn escaping her pink lips before her eyes began fluttering closed again as the rest of us chuckled.

I cupped the back of her head and placed it on my shoulder. Her beautiful brown doe eyes met my sapphire ones, a small 'thank you' escaping her lips before her eyes fluttered closed again.

In a matter of seconds, my breath-taking angel was fast asleep, her breaths becoming softer as she drifted deeper into sleep.

"She's adorable" Miles smiled as he shifted, leaning his head against the window.

"Yeah. When she's not shouting or kicking or punching" Jordan stated, rolling his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure she's adorable even when she's doing all of that," Kat laughed.

"That's because she hasn't punched you in the face" Jordan countered.

He winced as he held his jaw. "It has been a fucking day and it still hurts"

"What did you do?" Miles chuckled.

"I found her sleeping on the couch and I tried to wake her up"

"You should know better than to wake her when she's sleeping," Kat laughed.

"That's one thing I'm always scared to do. And I've lived with her for 3 years" Miles laughed.

"Kiss it better, babe?" Jordan pouted, tapping the side of his jaw.

Kat's face flushed, turning a deep shade of red that matched that of her hair as she looked around the car.

"I can't do that here" She whispered.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. With all the pda these two do, we're used to it" Miles stated, rolling his eyes at a sleeping Olive and I.

With flamed cheeks, Kat placed a kiss to Jordan's jaw before pulling away almost immediately. Jordan grinned as he pulled Kat into his chest, placing a lingering kiss to the side of her head.

"Speaking of pda" I smirked, my eyes moving to Griffin's hand that was placed on Miles's thigh. Miles's cheeks heated up but Griffin wasn't phased.

Matter of fact, I don't even think he heard what I said. His eyes remained fixed on Olive, focused on her peaceful sleeping face and a smile lingering on his face.

The way he looked at her - with love and admiration - reflected the way he used to look at Scarlett, his little sister.

I'm pretty sure his parents were still affected by her death despite the fact that his dad jokes about not being able to finish Viktor Ivanov off all those years ago.

I still remember the story my dad told me when he got home that night.

I was 16 at that time and I had just begun my training to become the next heir of the Russo mafia.

There had been a mission. My dad and Vincent were assigned to lead some other members from both of their mafias to an abandoned warehouse where the Ivanovs were suspected to have been hiding.

Upon arriving at the warehouse, they realized they had been set up as the Ivanovs' men greatly outnumbered their own.

It was a fight to the death and my dad and Vincent realized that they wouldn't survive if they didn't fall back, so they did.