ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 53

And we're back.... ACTION

Also, me being the indecisive person that I am... I'm adding one more chapter. SO there will be 55 chapters and then an epilogue <33

TW: Torture by insects... read with caution

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

With everything that has been happening, from the Ivanovs following us to Venice, to their attack at the warehouse, everyone was on edge and the barbeque seemed to be exactly what everyone needed to relax.

Griffin, Xavier, Zayn and Arlo were stationed in the kitchen, working on the food because they were the only ones who knew how to cook.

Xamira, Derrick, Tyler, Samuel and Raphaël busied themselves with arranging and decorating the areas where we'd sit and socialize; said areas being the living room and the foyer.

Preston, Kat and Umar offered to escort Xavier and Griffin's parents, Imani, Dequan and the girls on their trip to Xavier's house.

Miles, Wyatt, Jordan and I were the last to be given a job but in the end we were tasked with the most important job of all - choosing the music.

Derrick made a fuss about us choosing the music however, saying that he didn't understand why the 'problem children' were tasked with such an important job.

Jordana glared at him, immediately starting an argument but Wyatt, Miles and I decided to get him back another way - adding songs from different Barbie movies to the playlist.

As soon as the guests we had been expecting walked through the doors, laughter was the only thing that was heard for the many hours they stayed.

Diego managed to make it to the party as well, surprising Xamira as he walked in with Deja and Jada at his side, holding Jayden in his arms.

Ashley and Aspen immediately rushed to the other two girls, wrapping their arms around the other two causing all four of them to erupt into a fit of giggles.

The barbeque party was a huge success filled with so much love and joy and I could tell it helped everyone visibly relax and forget about the troubles of the mafia.

For the whole party, Xavier made it his mission to always be around me. If he wasn't seated next to me, he was standing right beside or behind me.

While he did that, he made sure to also be touching me somehow. If he didn't have a hand wrapped around my waist, he had our hands interlocked, or his hand on my thigh.

Due to my flushed face and the constant butterflies I felt, I was unable to say anything to oppose his actions, bringing a cheeky grin to his face.

The look on Derrick's face when 'On Top of the World' from the Barbie Princess Charm School movie had Miles, Wyatt and I laughing for a solid ten minutes, everyone else joining in as well while Derrick huffed, focusing on eating the burger in front of him.

"You really are the problem children of the group" Arlo laughed.

"Another word and I'll change your whole playlist to Barbie songs" Wyatt threatened.

"And I'll add a few songs from SpongeBob as well" Miles added, rolling his eyes and everyone erupted into a fit of laughter.

The girls paid no attention to us as we laughed. Then again, they were five year olds, I didn't expect them to listen to us regardless.

They were too busy with whatever it was they were doing as they huddled around the center table, whispering amongst themselves as they gathered paper and some crayons.