ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 21

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

A week. It's been a fucking week since I talked to Xavier.

After the crazy person, who Xavier called Ivanov, strapped me to the chair in the classroom and Xavier barged in, Ivanov just smirked before jumping out of the window.

Any normal person who jumped out the window from the second floor of a college campus building would have sustained serious injuries but not Ivanov.

I rushed to the window as soon as Xavier untied me only to find Ivanov skipping across the lawn with Griffin chasing after him.

Unfortunately, Griffin wasn't fast enough and he got into his car before Griffin could get to him. I turned to Xavier, prepared to start asking questions but he wasn't even there.

I ran out of the classroom, looking all around for him. I ended up at the parking lot, barely making it as he and Griffin got into his car and sped off. And that was the last time I saw him.

The next day, I didn't have any classes and I expected him to come over but he didn't show up. Jordan and Kat came over though, and tried to make me feel better but I couldn't help but feel that he was ignoring me for some reason - like he blamed me for what happened.

I heard a knock on the door after Jordan and Kat left and I ran, opening the door as I silently prayed that it would be Xavier but Griffin's face appeared in front of me.

"Oh" I mumbled, moving out of the way so he could enter the house.

"You shouldn't be crying," He said softly.

He cupped my face in his hands as his thumbs wiped away the tears from my cheeks.

"He blames me, doesn't he?"

"No one blames you"

"So why is he ignoring me?" I looked up at him, his jade eyes boring into my brown ones.

"That's something you should talk about with him"

"But I can't fucking do that when he's avoiding me like the fucking plague, now can I?" I yelled, pulling away from him.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, staring at my feet. "I didn't mean to lash out on you"

"You have a lot of pent up anger, I get that" He chuckled, shoving his hands into his pocket. "Unfortunately, I have to leave now"

"You literally just got here"

"I just wanted to make sure that you were doing okay"

"But... you can't leave. I need to know why Xavier's acting like a fucking prick when I didn't even do anything"

Griffin chuckled, heading to the door. "You'll hear from him eventually" and with that, he left.

I tried calling Xavier over and over again for the next few days but it kept going straight to voicemail.

Even Miles felt sorry for me after I had told him what had happened. He tried to convince me that Xavier didn't blame me but I wasn't having it.

I did something to make Xavier mad at me but I wasn't sure what. To make matters worse, everyone around me definitely knew something that I didn't.

They were keeping something from me and I couldn't figure out what.

Another thing that bothered me was the fact that Mila was completely ignoring my calls.

I tried calling her over and over again, trying to get her to explain herself because she was the person who convinced me to go through with the extra credit opportunity.