ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

"So fucking adorable"

"Hello? Earth to Xavier?" Griffin's hands waved in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"You're thinking about her again, aren't you?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a small smile playing on his lips.

"I poked her cheeks" I groaned, running one hand through my hair while the other remained fixed on the steering wheel.

"I'm sure she thinks I'm a fucking weirdo"

"It hasn't even been 30 minutes and you're already thinking about her" He smiled.

"I can't help it. I don't know why but lately, she's been on my mind a lot. Much more than I'd ever admit to her"

"Do you think that maybe... you have feelings for her?"

I scowled. "Of course not"

He hummed, his eyes returning back to his phone as he continued reading the directions.

"Take a right here"

My fingers tapped against the steering wheel as I tried to control the anger that I felt bubbling inside me. "You're certain he was part of the group?"

Griffin sighed. "You need to control yourself before you do something irrational"

"You're talking to me about something irrational? They fucked up her motorcycle and stole the latest shipments of our weapons and drugs in order to piss me off." I ranted.

"The worst thing is that I didn't even know it was that important to her or that her father was fucking dead"

"I still don't see why you don't take a look at her files. There are certain perks that come with being the heir to THE all powerful Italian mafia." Griffin said.

"For the last time, I want her to feel comfortable around me and tell me shit at her own pace. Looking at her files will only take the fun out of knowing her" I smiled.

"Mhm, and you totally don't have feelings for her" By the tone of his voice, I could tell that he was rolling his eyes.

"What did you find about Martha?" I sighed, changing the topic.

"Who?"

"Her asshole of a best friend"

The car fell silent.

"Hello?"

No response.

"Griffin?"

Still no response.

"Do you have a reason for ignoring me or are you just trying to piss me the fuck off?"

"Nothing," He muttered.

"What?"

"There was nothing about her." He said louder, his eyes finally meeting mine.

"No files, no records, nobody with the name 'Mila Laurie Lavigne'. It's almost like she doesn't exist"

I paused, trying to find the right words but nothing came to mind. "That's not possible. She's in our fucking college"

"I'm just as confused as you are and I'm going to do more research but right now, we need to focus on getting back to the warehouse."