ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 39

Quick question: Y'all liking the book so far? I wanna know your opinions and what you think you would want to see happen in the story.

Remember to take care of yourselves and I love y'all so much <3

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

╔══════════════╗
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏
╚══════════════╝

"Have you found her yet?" He asked, his patience growing thin.

"Yes. She's in Centre Chirugical AMBROISE-PARÉ. a cancer research and treatment facility in Paris" Ivanov replied from the other side of the room.

He knew better than to stand close to his boss when he got like this. Especially now that he was asking about Elaine.

He could lose his temper at any moment and the outcome could be disastrous.

'Oh Elaine' The reaper thought, 'I wish it didn't have to come to this'

A small smile appeared on his face because of his thoughts.

That was a lie. He really couldn't care less about what was about to happen to the poor lady. He had to prove to his guest, the person who was supposed to help him get to Olive, that he would do whatever it took.

No matter the cost.

"Good. And when are they going to arrive in Paris?"

"According to the intel we got from the microphone piece Mila implanted, they should be there in about two weeks. He's going to tell her about it today," Ivanov replied.

The reaper smiled, his fingers lightly tapping on the desk.

He knew it was a good idea to have Mila put a microphone piece on their phones. That was the only reason he had asked her to go to that college; so she could befriend them.

He even made her turn on Olive who was supposed to be her best friend. Although it wasn't hard to convince the blue haired girl, seeing as she had already begun to grow jealous of her black haired best friend.

Well... ex-best friend.

The reaper ran a hand through his hair, a hefty sigh leaving his lips.

"Proceed as planned"

"босс, are you sure you want to go through with this? We could always find another-"
(boss)

"Are you questioning my authority?" The reaper asked, his voice growing louder by the second.

Ivanov took several steps back from his boss's desk. Just in case his boss got angry and decided to choke him.

Ivanov scowled at the thought. That wasn't something he would like to happen to him - again.

"N-no sir. I just-"

"I told them that there'd be consequences for breaking off our deal but they decided they'd rather put her in danger than just allow me to get to her" His boss explained.

"I-I understand"

"Next time you question me, you will end up like your father" The reaper smirked as he watched all the colour drain from Ivanov's face.

Ivanov's eyes darted to the wall behind the killer to the picture directly above his head.

Nailed to the wall was his father's eyes.

Ivanov rolled his eyes, scoffing under his breath. His father was weak. That's all there was to it.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't have let the leader of the French mafia overthrow him and take over the Russian mafia.