ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 18

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

'"I swear, if you ask me that again, I'm throwing you out of the fucking car"

I pursed my lips, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Are we there yet?"

"For the fifteenth time, no" He sighed, running one hand through his hair while the other remained on the steering wheel.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes before turning my attention to the window. I stared at the surroundings in awe and I noticed him staring at me, out of the corner of my eyes.

I chose to shrug off the weird feeling I felt deep in my tummy.

The window was rolled down, the wind blowing in my face making my black hair fly as I watched the trees we drove past. It was a little after eight in the evening and it was already dark out.

"Beautiful" I gasped as I took in the view in front of me.

"Yeah, you are"

"I didn't catch that" I turned to him, my brown eyes gleaming with excitement.

"I said we're here" He smiled, softly

"Finally" I muttered as he parked the car, climbing out of it. "And, where exactly is here?"

"Come on"

He grabbed my hand with his free hand, the other one clutching onto our picnic basket as he led me through the woods.

"Xavier, I swear, if you're kidnapping me-"

"Do you trust me?" He asked, his gaze fixed on my eyes.

"What?"

"Do you trust me, princess?"

Heat rushed to my cheeks as I nodded my head.

"Good"

There was a comfortable silence between us for the rest of the walk. My hand occasionally tightened around his when a bug scurried past my legs.

If there's anything I'm deathly terrified of, it's bugs.

After 20 minutes of us walking, the forest cleared out to showcase a beautiful lake.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"It's beautiful" I gushed, heading towards the lake.

It was a large lake, shining under the reflection of the night sky. The green forest surrounded the lake, almost acting as a means of protection as the stars twinkled in the sky like diamonds, reflecting on the water of the lake.

The night sky looked like a painting; shades of blue, purple and orange streamed across the sky.

I heard Xavier chuckle when I tripped on the wooden jetty.

I scoffed before dusting myself off and sitting at the end of the jetty, trailing my fingers in the water.