ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 48

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

"Took you long enough," Griffin muttered, pushing himself off the wall a few feet away from the conference room.

"Did the guards arrive with the two Ivanovs you found yet?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Yeah, they put them in the torture room with Alyssa" He replied.

"I still have no clue how she got into Imani's house" I sighed, running my tattooed left arm through my black hair.

"I'm guessing you couldn't get her to say anything?"

"Not a fucking word, despite the different methods of torture I tried. All she kept saying was that she would only talk to Olive"

"Why not just let her talk to Olive then?" Griffin asked.

"You know I'm trying to protect her and keep her away from all this shit with the mafia. She already has school and the company to worry about," I said.

"In other words, the guilt of the secret you're keeping from her is beginning to eat you up" Griffin said, seeing right through me as usual.

"I love her, Griff. Fuck, it's her. It's always fucking been her and I don't want my past to ruin that. If I tell her about it, she could leave me... I don't know what I'd do without her" I admitted.

"You know, Miles asked about it yesterday," Griffin stated. "He said he wanted to know who the 'her' lady is and why you, Jordan and I are always talking about her."

"Griff-"

"I see the way she looks at you, you know. It's the same way you look at her. You're both helplessly in love and would do anything for each other that it's actually becoming frightening" Griff chuckled a bit.

"I mean she fought off a psycho bitch because she was forcing herself on you and you were too helpless to do anything yourself" He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

I knew that he wouldn't let me live that down so why exactly the fuck did I tell him in the first place?

"I get that you don't want to lose her. I understand that completely, which is why I distracted Miles from the topic when he asked. It's not in my place to tell him. He needs to find out from Olive herself and the only time that'll happen is when you tell her - everything" Griffin said.

"Fuck, I know that shit will probably change for the worse. My fucking relationship with Miles is on the line, but it's better that she hears it from you than hearing it from anyone else" Griffin sighed, running a hand over his face.

"And you have to tell her soon. I've seen the way Zayn-"

He stopped short, his eyes darting away from mine as he shook his head.

The way Zayn what?

"It isn't my place to tell you that either" He mumbled.

A frown etched onto my face; he knows something that I don't.

I decided to shrug it off. If he wasn't comfortable telling me about it, I wasn't going to force him to tell me.

"Anyways, the others are waiting for us to start the meeting so we better get in there" He said.

He adjusted his ponytail and flashed me a small smile before walking into the conference room.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair before running it over my face. I took a deep breath as I walked over to the two large doors that separated the conference room from the hallway.