ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 27

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

"Thank you" I mumbled, flashing a small smile at one of the guards as we stopped in front of two huge doors.

He had been kind enough to escort me from my room all the way to where the others were, even though I was sure that Xavier had told him too.

"No problem, Ms Laurent" He smiled warmly, his red hair falling into his eyes.

"Please, call me Olive" I yawned, stretching. "By the way, what's your name?"

"Samuel"

"I'll see you later, Sammy"

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I saw his face heat up before I pulled one of the doors open.

I stood by the door, rubbing my eyes, desperately trying to keep them open.

It was a large room with a lot of space in the middle. Gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling and there were little booths at the ends of the room.

There was also a huge stage, with a stage curtain and everything, and a grand piano which was placed on the left of the stage.

Most of the workers rushed around the room, setting up tables and chairs while Xavier and Griffin's parents supervised them, occasionally telling them where specific items were supposed to go.

I was pretty sure that they had just woken up because they were all still wearing their pyjamas.

It was no shock that everyone was busy so early in the morning, the ball was tomorrow and they were not ready.

"Caro" Sofia smiled as I walked towards them.

"Good morning, Sofia" I smiled at her and a smile appeared on her face.

"How are you, nuora?" Matteo asked.
"Did you sleep alright?" Laura questioned me, a small smile on her face.
"Does Xavier need to be taught a lesson?" Vincent's eyes narrowed as he cracked his knuckles, making me laugh.

Even though they were parents, the four people that stood in front of me still looked pretty young.

I doubt any of them had entered their late forties.

The men were still very fit and the ladies still had perfect curvy bodies, looking like models.

Benefits of teenage pregnancy...
Don't even start
I'm not doing anything
Yes you are. You're putting the thought in my head
Well, you're about to turn 20. You won't be a teenager for much longer
That doesn't matter. I'm still a teenager now
See? Now you're thinking about it, not me
You're a bitch
I'm you, honey

"Caro?"

The sound of Sofia's soft voice pulled me out of my argument with myself as I stared at her, the other three looking at me, worriedly.

I shook my head and turned to Matteo, smiling. "I'm fine, thank you for asking Matteo"

I turned to Laura. "I slept very well, thank you for asking"

I turned to Vincent, chuckling as he continued cracking his knuckles.

"No, Xavier hasn't done anything... yet. And if he tries anything, I know exactly how to handle him but thank you for your concern"

I must've had a weird look on my face because they all started laughing.

"I knew I liked you for a reason," Sofia chuckled.