Branching Paths

Various events are known to have taken place on Earth/Mobius along with the timeline between the present timeline seen in the present and the future. When Dr. Eggman's empire began to collapse, he sought out the help of Dimitri, who was still on life support. When the ancient Echidna refused to help him due to his change in ideology, the enraged Dr. Eggman ripped him from his life support unit. Because of this, Dimitri was reduced to a cyborg head contained within a floating glass ball to preserve his life.

Some time after this, Dr. Eggman stole the Master Emerald, causing Knuckles to once again transform into Chaos Knuckles. The Chaos-empowered Echidna then used his power to wipe out Eggman once and for all. Following this, Chaos Knuckles began to reshape the world as he saw fit, removing Julie-Su's cybernetics. Feeling that Knuckles was now a threat, Sonic threatened to used a device called the Nullifier to neutralize Knuckles' powers. The device went off prematurely, returning the Guardian to normal, but also badly damaging his right eye. Refusing to accept a cloned eye due to his beliefs, Knuckles instead chose to use a cybernetic eyepiece.

In Mobius's year of 3243, Sonic and Sally tied the knot, becoming officially married. However, King Acorn did not abdicate from the throne for the first two years of their marriage.

In Mobius's year of 3246, Locke developed terminal cancer. After telling Lara-Le he always loved her, and apologizing to Knuckles for the way he raised him, Locke died peacefully in his sleep on the 61st day of that year.

At some point, Tails settled down and married Mina Mongoose and had two children with her. Tails left with his family to move to Downunda. For some reason, Sonic and Tails had a falling out and were no longer on speaking terms, to the extent that Sonic refused to show up at the airport to say goodbye.

In 3260, the Kingdom of Acorn had to deal with the Overlander Uprising. Knuckles was unable to provide assistance, as he was preoccupied with the "Drone Problem", which was apparently contributed to the uprising.

Now

Mobius/Earth, now finally being able to enjoy a time of state of peace and prosperity, with most if not all past antagonists destroyed and/or permanently defeated. The Kingdom of Acorn, currently under the rule of King Sonic and Queen Sally were helping in repairs to certain buildings and shops across the capital city of Portal.

Castle Mobius

Sonic and Sally, sitting together on a couch looking through a large glass window in the living room next to the TV with the entertainment consoles plugged in and the board games that Joseph shipped to them years ago was admiring the view of Porta...

Sonic and Sally, sitting together on a couch looking through a large glass window in the living room next to the TV with the entertainment consoles plugged in and the board games that Joseph shipped to them years ago was admiring the view of Portal City and it's citizens from Overlander, Mobian, Cybertronian, and the like living as one.

"We did a great thing honey." Sally said scooting closer to her husband and king leaning on his shoulder. "Despite the timeline, despite the multiverse all coming together, despite everything. . . N.A.T.O. still managed to come out on top."

Sonic: Maybe just luck, or just my fast feet and quips.

Sally chuckled. "Very funny, big blue. No, I think it has something to do with heart. Something you always had."

Sonic wrapped his arm around Sally as she leaned on him. "Yeah. Way past cool. But I guess at the end of the day, it doesn't matter." The Blue Blur said smirking.

Note: Next, the finale.