Part 26 : Truth or lie?

THE HAUNTING PAST NEVER LEAVES YOUR BACK.

Hayley's POV

He brought me to the study and picked out the same album last time Stefan did.

He made me sit on a chair and he himself sat on the one beside me and kept the album on the table.

"What are you showing me?"

"Just wait."

He said and flipped the pages. I stopped on the page where there was a naked small baby, none other than Adrian.

His cheeks turned red out of embarrassment and I laughed.

"Yah! You'll beg me when I will be naked in front of you next time."
He said and flipped the pages. I was still laughing at his red cheeks as I poked his chubby cheeks.

"Enough, here."
He said and showed me a pic.

"This is my dad."
He said pointing at his dad pic.
"And this is mom."
....
"And this is my rival..."
He said pointing at my dad.

"Stefan told me that your dad and this man were best friends. What had happened that made him, your rival?"

"He was the one who killed my mom and dad... Tortured them to death. He hurt my parents and left us alive to suffer pain. So I'm gonna kill his child to make him suffer."

I stare at dad's pic.
"I know you won't like it... But this is how mafia world works."

"What about her?"
I asked pointing to my mom pic, so that I could know what he says where his dad had killed him.

"She wasn't a mafia but she is equally wrong as her husband."

I furrowed my eyebrows as he commented on my mom.
"How?"

"She supported him in being mafia knowing its wrong."

"Then... I'm also wrong. Because I also support you in being mafia knowing its wrong."
He went into deep thought thinking.

I again looked at the picture and caressed my mom's face.
"Maybe she loves her husband very much like I do to you... I think she was just a sweet wife... And a sweet mother to her children."
I said remembering my memories with mom.

When she used to apply oil on my hair... When she was the very first person to wish me at 12AM every birthday. And knowing this that she was being killed makes my blood boil and I have a great urge to tear of his chest and pull out his heart. No matter who he is...

"Anyways... What about her? Is she alive?"
He shooked his head.

"How she died?"

"She died in an accident."

"What?"
I asked. A total different story, unlike the one my dad narrated.

"Yeah... Dad had sent men to kidnap her from hospital when she had just delivered her second child... On the way, an accident took place."
His eyes showed he wasn't lying. But whom do I believe now, my dad or him?

Adrian doesn't have a reason to lie me unless he knows my real identity. And if he does know my real identity then he would have never told me about his rivals.

"My parents didn't had the intention to kill her or to torture her... My mother was her best friend. They had decided to ask her peacefully but before that all this happened."
This makes sense... They were besties, no matter what a female heart has a special place for their bestie. She can't kill my mom.

Then why did dad lied to me?

"And this man thought we killed his wife so he kidnapped my mom, dad and Marshall... Daniel and I were in foreign land with one of my dad's friend. He had sent us there for safety. The main motto of my parents to adopt Marshall even after having two healthy sons was that he didn't wanted to risk safety of his own blood. But he wanted someone to know who is his villain. And that someone became Marshall.