Part 38 : Sign of Mafias

I WAS SO MUCH IN LOVE WITH HER THAT I COULDN'T SEE THE DEVIL SHE WANTED ME TO SEE.

Adrian's POV

I clenched my jaw. My feet rushed taking me to my office of my mansion. My nails were having some blood of Hayley. My knuckles turned white. Veins exposed in my hands, neck and forehead. And I kicked open the door of my office room.

I opened my blazer and threw it on the ground.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
I screamed out in anger and punched the wall twice and thrice, don't know how many times.

"Why did you? Why? JUST WHY???"
My heart was aching terribly. I was too weak to stand her betrayal.

My hands got covered in my own blood.
"WHY DID YOU DO IT?"
I was in the worst phase of me at this moment.

At this time, I would kill any person that comes in front of me.

I stopped punching the walls and threw all the things on my table. I punched the glass table shattering it into pieces.

Some papers fell that caught my attention. Those papers were of capturing Scott's daughter... Some were of to find Zee.

Never knew these two missions are co-related. Never knew these missions will end in this way. Never knew this was not two but a single person... Never knew it was my own girlfriend.

I tear off those pages.

Starting of new year this terribly. Getting a heart break.

I sat on floor leaning onto my table Wooden piece. I didn't cared about the blood oozing out of my hands.

Marshall warned me. He had doubt on Hayley since starting. I never listened to him believing her.

Calming my mind. I thought over it since starting.

"It was just few days you came here."

"Few days? But you live here right?"

That apartment is not her real house. She shifted it to there because of me. I was her target since start.

"Didn't knew you had a tattoo?"

"T-that-- a-actually this tattoo. I had l-liked it so I got this design."

"I have seen this tattoo somewhere. I can't recall, where?"

Now when it's too late I can recall where I have seen that tattoo. The moment when I had encountered Arthur. I saw it on his shoulder. Though that time many of our men were killed but I couldn't catch him.

And she stuttered. I could have caught her.

"After all you are a mafia."
"Ad-Adrian. I am so---"

She was about apologize, cause she thought I have caught her. I hate my stupidity to love her blindly. I leaned my head back and exhaled heavily.

"Well what if your loved one and your enemy is the same person?"
I clenched my jaw. At that moment she was talking about herself.

"Maybe she loves her husband very much like I do to you... I think she was just a sweet wife... And a sweet mother to her children."
She added mother cause that woman was Hayley's mother.

"I fear, she has something big planned."
Marshall words rang in my ears. He was true. His doubt was true.

"You'll regret if she comes out to be some rival and if that happens... You won't even listen to yourself... But me."
Exactly I'm regretting now.