𖥻 𝖽𝖾𝖼𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀

𓈃 𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗔 ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗭𝗛𝗔𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗜 𝗬𝗨┊ ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗔 ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗭𝗛𝗔𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗜 𝗬𝗨┊ ִֶָ𓂅

[2022]

"Four masterpieces. Four!" 

Joshua said with a smile as we walk through the hallway. 

"For fifty thousand dollars each. I told you this would work out," he said to me. 

I smiled seeing him so happy and excited for me. Even happier than me when I was told the buyer wanted to buy four of my painting for fifty thousand dollars each. 

"You're rich in a day, Jiwoo," he said. 

"Yeah, and I'll be living off that money for a few more months," I said. 

He chuckled, "You have fashion designing as your part-time job too, okay?" 

I grinned, "I know." 

"Come on. Let's go to a cafe I know nearby," he said while putting his arms around my shoulders.

We walked straight out of the art gallery and into the streets. I am definitely happy that I was able to sell four of my paintings. I auctioned four and sold all four for fifty thousand dollars each.

We arrived at a cafe and entered it. It was surprisingly quiet and not many people. Most of them are glued to their devices too. Joshua and I head to the counter to order some refreshments. 

I ordered juice and a slice of red velvet cake while Joshua ordered an iced americano and a piece of croissant. After ordering and getting our orders, we find a seat at the corner to be away from the public. 

"I said I don't want to be back in the group," I said to Joshua. 

He raised his eyebrows at first, looking confused. 

"I don't wanna be back in ENHYPEN," I rephrased my words. 

"What?" he asked in a clearer tone. 

"Josh, almost a year. HYBE never gave me any answers for almost a year. I've been doing my own things. With no payments. Nothing was given to me," I said to him. 

"I live right now in my own apartment because I am a part-time painter and part-time fashion designer. I'm living off by my own money I make. Not because of HYBE. I don't think they want me back in the group either," I told him. 

"You're being too fast now. Have you talked to your management? Maybe wait for a little while more?" he asked me. 

"I talked to my manager. He said he will bring this matter forward in the next meeting which was 2 weeks ago. I asked him about the matter but he said my case was pushed back. I can't wait no more. I have bills to pay," I explained. 

"Try going to the company and talk straight to the director," he said. 

"I'm tired of being not their priority," I said to him. 

"I'll talk to him then," he said. 

"No," I shook my head. "If you do that, they will take that as my weakness the next time I meet them."

"Then how?" he asked. 

"I'm leaving the group," I said to him. 

"Your fans will be very disappointed," he said. 

"I will leave the group. And I will write a letter explaining why. That time, they won't have anything to do with me again. So, I am free to do what I want," I said. 

"Then what will you do for a living?" Joshua asked. 

"Painting and fashion designing? And aunt wanted me to care for her cafe back in the alley too," I told him. 

"What about those years you dreamt to be a K-Pop idol?" Joshua asked. 

I looked at him and sighed. 

"Not today." 

"Not this time, Josh." 

💗🌷🍭🦩🦄

I exhaled before dialing the number. I put the phone on speaker mode so it's easier for me to talk and I don't have to hold the phone to talk. 

"Hello," I heard the man's voice. 

"Hello, Bang Si-hyuk PD-nim. This is Moon from ENHYPEN," I greeted him and introduced myself to him all at once. 

"Oh, hello, Moon! Nice to hear your voice! It's been so long since I receive any update about you. How have you been?" he asked me. 

"I am doing fine, sir. How about you?" I asked. 

"I am doing good too. You haven't returned from hiatus right?" he asked. 

"Yes, I haven't," I replied. 

"I thought they said they were going to let you come back a few months ago but they said you weren't ready and busy with your personal business," he said. 

I paused and look at Joshua. He furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Excuse me? They said that?" I asked. 

"Yes. The director told me that you guys had a meeting and they were ready to accept you back into the group after all those riots were done. But the director said you were not ready because you are busy with your personal business." 

My jaw dropped, "Uh. Actually, I wanted to call you regarding this matter." 

"Did the director tell me false information?" 

I paused and look back at Joshua and he nodded. 

"Yes, sir." 

💗🌷🍭🦩🦄

"He told me clearly. He told me that you wanted to focus more on your personal business. That's why I was quite worried for the fans. They are losing hope in you," he said. 

I shook my head, "No. I was never contacted by the director. HYBE never sent me anything. Emails or letters. The manager also never picks up my phone call. Only messages and even that, he never gave an answer to my question." 

"This is a serious matter, Moon. I am really glad you called me," he said. 

"I wanted to go back to the group as a member. But right now, it's nearly a year. Only 2 more months until a year of my hiatus. I don't want to be in the group again." 

"Am I right? Did you say you didn't want to be in the group anymore?"

"Yes, sir. I feel like it's already time for me to leave the group. I feel like all my skills are gone. It's been a year. And I'm already like this. The members are already used to not having me there." 

"Are you sure about this decision? Look, let me talk with the director. Ask him about the real matter. And then I'll come back to you," he said. 

I exhaled, "But I won't come back to the group. I've talked about this to the members of ENHYPEN. And they agree. They support my decision." 

"Are you sure, Moon? But you're talented? Or do you want me to put you as a soloist? Under a different company? Not BELIFT+ at least?" he said. 

I smiled and shook my head, "No, sir. I would like to stop being the K-Pop industry." 

There was a moment of silence before I hear him sighing. 

"Okay. I'll talk to the director. About his false information. And also your decision to leave the group and company," he said. 

"Okay." 

"And then I'll contact you myself." 

"Alright."