13.

Teja was quite young when her father passed away. She was very close to him , it was his wish that Teja becomes a doctor.
Teja used to live in a joint family, with her parents, brother, uncles , aunts and cousins. Being the youngest of them all , she was the most pampered kid of the house.
After her farther's death, the affection only increased. Her family was very protective for her .
Later Teja with her mom and elder brother moved out so that she could prepare for her entrance exam.

Though Teja was a  pampered kid, she was also a strong person. She was raised by a single mother who used to thrive hard to give the best to her children. 

Being a girl without a father she used to always get sympathetic looks from the people around. The more she used to talk about her father, and open up with her friends, the more sympathetic looks she used to get.

Teja hated being a sympathy case . She knew that she didn't had her father around, but her mother, and her entire family never let her feel the void. She was happy, she felt lucky to have a family which was so caring, loving and supportive. She was far away from being a sympathy case.

So when she got admission in her college, she promised to protect herself, and behave responsibly as this was the first time she was going to live alone. Thus during her college she took time in trusting people and stopped herself from talking about her father.

Meanwhile, knowing about Teja from Yash, slightly changed the way how Karan looked at Teja, definitely in a good way. He was now curious about  knowing who the real Teja was.
He knew the strong, indipendent, smart Teja but now he even wanted to see her vulnerable side. He wanted to see her vulnerable so that he could be there for her , to tell her that it was okay to feel weak sometimes.

After listening to Yash it was obvious that there was a lot which Teja was holding in her heart , he wanted Teja to trust him, so that she could open up without any hesitation.

He knew that the things he was feeling for Teja were no more what you feel for your friend, but at the same time he didn't want to give his feelings a name . He was loving the way he felt , he was enjoying spending time with Teja, and for the time being he was perfectly fine with not knowing what he felt for her.

"So did you like Karan" Ananya asked Yash , when Teja, Anu and Yash were on a conference call.

"Yeah, he is good, but it was just me talking most of the time . Didn't get to listen him much."

"You didn't even let him speak" Ananya said in a shocked tone.

"Arey he wanted me to talk, or should I say that he wanted to know about Teja more" Yash said with a sheepish smile.

"Ohhh" Ananya said in a teasing tone.

"Aye stop it ... What else would he ask about, I'm the only mutual friend you guys have, so he asked about me" Teja tried to defend

"But he was very attentive while listening about you, I think he likes you." Yash said immediately

"I knew it that you will come up with something stupid. You never disappoint Yash." Teja said with a sigh.

"But Teja what if he really likes you" Ananya asked.

"Anu yaar aab tu mat chalu ho. I have told Karan a lot about us , our college days, so maybe that's why he was asking, or was interested in knowing about it."

"Teju I was joking, tu to serious ho gayi" Yash said with a chuckle

Teja rolled her eyes

"Teju just think hypothetically that he likes you, what will be your reaction. Before you say anything, let me remind you I said hypothetically." Ananya asked .

Teja went blank, this question was out of syllabus for her. She tried to think of an answer but she could not.

'I definitely won't say a yes  , because.... I don't like him . So should I reject him. But how can I do that. You don't like him so obviously you should say a no, but ........ ahhhhhhh, what's wrong with me ' Teja thought.

Ananya snapped Teja out of her thoughts and said, "Teja I asked how will you react."

"I can't even imagine him liking me , so I don't know how will I react" Teja said with fustration.

"So it's not a no" Yash said being shocked.

"Don't you try to play these games with me Yash, I'm warning you. Anyways I need to go , you guys carry on, bye ."

"Bye" Ananya and Yash said together.

Though Teja brushed the topic off infront of her friends but still the reason that why she could not say no to Karan was troubling her .

'Teja it was quite simple, as you don't like him your answer straight away should have been a no  , why didn't you say that'  Teja questioned herself.

'Maybe because he is a really good friend and I didn't want to hurt him.' Teja tried to justify.

She knew that the justification she was giving herself was not at all true. She was always very clear about what she wanted and even more clear about the things she didn't want. Teja without any second thought said no to her years long friend, so Karan being her friend was not the reason behind her not rejecting him.

Somewhere Teja could feel herself getting attracted towards Karan but was not ready to accept it. At the same time she was confident that she was nothing more than a friend for Karan.

' Teja just stop thinking about it. You do not like him . This is just because of what that stupid Yash said. Now stop thinking about it'  Teja said to herself.

"Anu she didn't say no, what do you think about it" Yash asked .

"I think that she likes him, but I'm sure she won't accept." Ananya said with surety

"And I feel that Karan likes her." Yash added.

After a pause of few minutes,

"Aaaaaaaaa" Ananya and Yash screamed together with excitement.

"I just can't believe this, Teja dating her crush , please I need some time to process this" Ananya said .

"Oh madam, kaha chali gayi aap. You very well know Teju, even if there is a little bit of liking, she will never accept it and I don't know how is Karan going to react , so.."

"Hmm true. So what should we do."

"Nothing, let them decide for themselves, anyways, what's meant to be will be " Yash said.

_________________________________

No interaction between Teja and Karan in today's update 😞

Nonetheless, things are moving forward, are you guys excited 😊.....

----------------------------------------------------