9.

Days passed, and Teja and Karan only got closer.
The people who used to think for hours before calling each other, now used to talk to each other after every two days or sometimes even daily. After a tiring day when Teja used to come home and freshen up, she used to receive a call from Karan or herself called him. Then she used to talk to him while cooking and eating her dinner . This soon became their daily ritual.
Voice calls shifted to video calls, awkward silences now felt peaceful , and no longer they tried to find a topic to talk about. Friends, family, trips, adventures, movies, books , music, cricket, society, philosophy, psychology , and the list goes on . They had conversations on almost everything possible under the friendship bond. 

Similarly when one such evening they were talking, Teja got a call from her college best buddy.

"Karan I will call you later, Ananya is calling , bye" Teja said and cut the call immediately even without listening to Karan's reply.

"Hii Anu , how are you? Finally you got the time to call me"

"I guess you have my number too Teju, you could have called me too"

"Yes ofcourse I could, but then I didn't want to disturbe the newly married couple. I hope you guys are doing well. Where is he ?"

"Night shift" Ananya said making a sad face." By the way were you talking to someone. It showed busy initially".

"Yes I was"

"Talking to aunty?"

"No."

"Then?"

"Karan"

"Who Karan?"

"Karan Kundrra"

"Oh your obsession with him has not yet ended I guess,  stop joking and tell me who were you talking to"

"I am serious yaar Anu , I was talking to him. You are saying as if you didn't know that I met him in real."

"I know that Teju , but that was in a party almost three months back"

"Yes so what. We are still in touch"

"Okay......so what were you talking about"

"Nothing as such, random daily talks"

"Sorry?" Ananya said with a confused face.

"He is my friend Anu, I was talking to him as normally friends do, talking about some random topic which I don't even remember right now"

"Normal, are you fu**ing kidding me right now Teja . The person we are talking about right now is your crush from the past so many years. How can you be so cool about it. Should I remind you how you never used to miss any of his match, interview, post. It was only in the 4th year your obsession reduced because of our hectic schedule. Should I remind you all of it Teja ."

"No , no need to remind me , I remember it all. But let me tell you that I used to have a crush on him, I used to crush on celebrity Karan, but the day I met him in real the crush died. He is no longer the celebrity Karan, he is Karan for me , who is a friend of mine."

Ananya kept quiet for a few seconds, trying to digest the new information she got , and then asked "So , how is he in REAL" emphasizing on the word real.

"He is sweet, we vibe quiet well." Teja said trying to control her smile.

"Can I take the smile on your face which almost looks like a blush in some other way"

"No....it's just that you reminded of those days. Those were the days."

"So here is Teja, trying to change the topic, fine let's change the topic."
Teja smiled, she was not surprised to see that her best friend still knew her so well.

Teja and Ananya were the closest friends. Teja had seen Ananya during her lows -highs , her failures her achievements, everything, similarly Ananya knew Teja in and out . Even if Teja tried, she could never hide anything from Ananya.

A few days later, when Teja was on her duty one of her colleague came to her and told her that she has heard Dr Suman talking to the cricket coach about Karan being injured during training.

"Are you sure they were talking about Karan"

"Yes I am sure , I heard it myself, but you can go and ask Dr Suman "

"Okay I will check"

"Teja I was going to call you , actually Karan got his ankle twisted while playing so he will be coming her soon , look after him. Do the needful. Then show me the reports." Dr Suman said.

"Fine ma'am. "

Teja got a little worried , so she called Karan

"Hello "a strange said

"Hi this is Dr Tejasswi, I got to know about Karan's injury so I wanted to talk to him, is he around."

"Yes , he is trying to get into the car , please wait for a few minutes. By the way, the physiotherapist this side"

"Oh, Hi ..... can I know his condition.. anything serious"

"The ankle region has turned red and is a bit swollen....
Karan is here , I'm passing him the phone."

"Okay, thank you"

"Hi Teja, I hope you are in the hospital because I'm coming" Karan said excitedly

Teja smiled a little and said "is it paining"

"Not at all"

"Karan" Teja said sternly

"Yes it is paining, quiet a lot. I just hope it's nothing major" Karan said honestly. He was in a lot of pain , but was trying to stay calm and positive.

"Hmm... we will see"

"You could have said that nothing will happen, don't worry.......you know just for the sake of calming me a bit "

"But I don't want to give you any false hopes"

"Byee, you are just increasing my stress"

"Bye" Teja said trying to control her laugh

Twenty minutes later Karan reached the hospital with his trainer, and physiotherapist accompanying him. A few people were already there waiting for him , they bought a wheelchair to take him to the X-ray room.

On the way to the X-ray room Teja met them. Seeing Teja with him , calmed Karan a bit.
Teja looked at the injury, then at Karan and smiled at him. She got really worried looking at the injury but didn't show it on her face . Anything could have happened, because sometimes even a injury which looks really minor at the beginning takes months to heal , and there was IPL only a few months away.

___________________________________

I seriously don't know what are your expectations as a reader , but just telling you before hand that this won't be some extra ordinary piece of writing.....it is a normal,sweet , simple story which I imagined long time back even before tejran happened.....i have the entire story already imagined, so if the current plot or anything in future disappoints you, I'm sorry.

I will however not change anything as me penning this story down is more for my happiness than anyone else.

I just hope that I am doing justice to the story with my words and you guys can imagine the story as I did. That's the only thing I am worried about.

Anyways, please do give reviews....
And I might be a little inconsistent with the updates so again sorry ❤️