23.

" Meherbaani hai taqdeeron ki
Jo teri meri raahein yun aa ke mili hai
Hai ye kahaani unn laqeeron ki
Jo tere mere haathon ki jud rahi hain"

The song played in the speaker as Teja was getting ready for the dinner. She wore a pink chikankari kurti with her jeans. Tied her hair in a ponytail, with a few fringes coming out .

Teja was wearing the most basic outfit with the most basic makeup and hairstyle, still she looked the prettiest.
Though she had decided that she won't over think but still a few times she just could not ignore those thoughts.  She was nervous.

' I just hope that it is a normal dinner and nothing more ' Teja thought.

Teja reached Karan's house almost on time . She ringed the doorbell and Karan opened the door.

" Hiii " Karan said

"Hi" Teja replied

Karan looked at Teja for a few seconds more and said, "when was the last time I saw you."

"Umm we did a video call yesterday, and just a week back I stayed here so.."

"Hmm..."

"But why are you asking this."

"You just look different today."

"What do you mean."

'He means that you are looking really pretty."  Kirti said." By the way, myself Kirti"

"Tejasswi" Teja said and both Kirti and Teja shook hands.

"Karan you really need to learn how to give compliments, anyways how long are you guys going to stand at the door, please come in ".

"Pink suits you" Karan slowly whispered to Teja while going inside the house.

"And ?" Teja said with a smirk.

"And you look tolerable today" Karan said with a straight face.

Teja huffed with anger and started walking faster.

A few seconds later a hand held her wrist and stopped her. Teja turned back knowing it was Karan and gave him an angry look.

Karan smiled looking at her round face which looked even cuter as she was angry. He moved towards her saw straight into her eyes,

"Beautiful" , he said.

Teja could not do anything but blush.

' Teja control ' soon she reminded herself. She then smiled at him mouthed a thank you and walked away.

Kirti then introduced Teja to Sameer and everyone started having random conversations. After some time everyone moved to the dinning hall to have their dinner, with Teja and Karan sitting opposite to each other.

"So Teja how is your family doing, I hope everyone is fine." Karan's mom said.

"Yes aunty everyone is doing good. My mom wanted to talk to you, she wanted to thank you for taking care of me."

"I will love to talk to her. Why don't you call her to banglore. Stay with you and also take a tour of the city."

"She was going to come at the end of this month but then a family function came inbetween."

"No worries, she can come the next month."

"But I will be leaving Bangalore this month, so .."

"What!" Karan exclaimed.

"Yeah, this is the last month of my internship"

No-one had an idea that Teja was leaving the city that month. The shock was visible on everyone's face and specially on Karan's.

Teja could see the shock on Karan's face, she knew that she had to answer a lot of questions, so she preferred not making an eye contact with Karan.
Teja had no intention of hiding it from anyone, but with so much happening in her life, she forgot telling Karan about it .

After having their dinner they once gain sat in the living room when Teja's mom called her. Teja told her mom about her whereabouts and then introduced her to Karan's mom , Karan and the entire family. Both the mothers then talked for a good time and ended the call. 

"Your mom is a sweet lady Teja, It was really nice talking to her." Karan's mom said.

" I'm glad. " Teja said with a smile.

"Hey , let's go to the icecream shop . It's been long I have been there." Kirti said.

Karan's mom and dad refused to come and suggested the rest of the people to go. Karan and Sameer instantly agreed but Teja did not agree.

"I guess I will pass. It's already very late. You guys enjoy." Teja said.

"Teja the shop is on the way to your home , you can directly go to your house from there. Please come" Kirti insisted.

Karan didn't try to convince Teja as he was busy staring at her angrily from the time she told about her leaving the city .

Teja could not refuse more so she agreed.

"Okay then di jiju you take my car, I will come with Teja" Karan said.

"Perfect !" Kirti said with excitement.

As soon as Teja and Karan sat in the car ,

"When are you going back to Mumbai?" Karan asked.

"30th March." Teja said in low voice.

"And when were you going to tell me this."

"Karan it actually skipped my mind that this is my last month here . It was Anu who reminded me while I was talking to her yesterday. I had no intention of hiding it from you. Also I booked my tickets months back. I'm sorry that I forgot telling you " Teja said inocently.

After a few minutes of pause Karan said , "So you are here for just three weeks, and two weeks with me because I will be leaving for IPL. Nice. " He sighed.

"Karan...."

"Teju, only two weeks" Karan said sadly.

Teja could see Karan feeling the same way as she was feeling when she heard about IPL. The separation anxiety hit her once again and now with a stronger force. The separation was no longer for just two months, it was going to be for years. 

Karan saw even Teja getting sad so to change the mood, he said,

"You hardly meet me when you are here, I am sure you will not even call me once when you go back." Karan said teasingly.

"Why will I." Teja said nonchalantly. Only she knew how she was feeling. She was feeling all the things she never wanted to feel.
Karan thought that Teja was playing along so he continued to tease her.

"Exactly, who am I. I am no one to you, why will you even remember me." Karan said.

Teja didn't say anything further and switched on the radio.

Ik rait ka sehra hoon main...
Baarish ki fiza hai tu..
Aadha likha ek khat hoon main...
Aur khat ka pata hai tu...
Tu agar Kaash samajh paaye, Mere liye kya hai tu
Agar Kaash samajh paaye, Mere liye kya hai tu...

__________________________________

"Where words fail, music speaks"
           ~Hans Cristian Andersen

The lyrics are of the song "Kaash" from the movie  "The Zoya factor".
Singer : Arijit Singh 🤍

--------------------------------------------------------