Chapter 51- Club

"Seriously?" Ava deadpanned Jay.
"Hailey picked it out" he told her, not wanting her to think this was his choice. Ava held out the dress on the hanger, it was a black, halter neck with a deep v-neck and cut to leave her back and sides exposed.
Jay cleared his throat, "Hailey's going to come in to do your make up, she's gone undercover in a club before" he explained quickly before leaving.

Ava went into her cramped bathroom to get changed, hearing to door open.
"Hailey? That you?"
"Yeah" she called back and Ava reluctantly opened the door, shuffling out.
Hailey pursed her lips, "I know, the faster you get there the faster you can't get it over with" she patted the chair, a makeup kit next to her. Hailey gave Ava some tips for her first time while she did her make up and hair. Ava looked in the mirror when she was done, barely
recognising herself after, her hair was curled and teased out downs her back, she had heavy makeup and smokey liner under her eyes.

Ava sat up and ran her hands across her exposed sides.
"It's worrying but you'll probably be one of the more modest there" haliey pulled out a pain of heels in Ava's size.
"I just hope you can walk in them"
"I'm on my feet all day, trust me I haven't felt my feet in years" Ava joked, sitting down to clasp on the heels. "Same, sister" Halley packed away her things.

Ava stepped outside and nearly screamed when the early February cold hit her. She hurried over to the car and hopped in the passenger side. Jay walked back up to the motel after going for a quick walk while Ava got ready, he hopped into the drivers seat and Hailey hopped in the back.
"Where my.." Jay looked for his jacketed before spotting Ava bundled into it.
"You have trousers, you don't need it" she said, her teeth chattering as she shivered, pulling the jacket tighter around herself.
Haliey chuckled from the back seat and Jay flicked on the car heating as they pulled out of the car park. They parked a few blocks away so Ava could walk up to the club on her own. Jay hopped out of the car and approached a nearby van that Ava presumed to be PD. Ava looked into the rearview mirror, spotting haliey watching her carefully.

"Eh, sorry, sorry about the jacket. If that made you uncomfortable" Ava stammered, realising the intimacy of what she'd done.
"It's fine" Haley smiled, "I would have made him give it to you anyway"
Ava nodded, fiddling with the PD logo on her arm. Ava liked haliey and wanted to stay friendly, she was the only other women on her case.
"I know, about you and him"
Ava went to opened her mouth before Hailey interrupted her.
"I get it, it was before we got together. And I've see how you look at Connor, I'm not worried"
Ava smiled in relief back to her in the mirror, she felt a blush go to her cheeks at the mention of Connor.

"Hey" haliey took avas hand through the divider, "It'll be okey"
Ava squeezed her hand just as the door opened again, "everything okey?" Jay took a step back, looking between the two of them.
"Fine, just talking about girl stuff" Haliey let go of Avas hand.
"You ready to go?"
"Yeah" Ava nodded, shrugging her jacket off.
"Okey" jay closed the door and Ava and haliey got out. Haliey nodded goodbye to her before walking over to the van.
"I just have to" he held up a little wire.
"You might want to put it" he held it out.
Ava took the wire and helped it in her hand.
"Can you?" She held it back out.
"Actually I'll just" he fitted the wire into a small hole in the top of her dress, hiding it in the seam of the thin fabric.
"Try not to flush this one" he patted her shoulder.
"No promises"
"This is how you turn it on and off, like headphones. We'll be able to hear everything" he pushed a little tab so she could see it through the fabric.
"He's already had a couple drinks, his guard will be down so you don't need to worry"
"You're all set"
Ava nodded several times and glanced down the road, she could hear the music already. Ava pushed back from the car and walked down the road without another word.

Ava hurriedly walked to the club, shivering as she went. Ava passed serval cars parked along the side of the club before making it to the door, showing her fake I'd. Ava stepped into the he club and was blasted with music, it at lest it was warm. There were people dancing all over the club, most of them in much less then what Ava was wearing. She self concisouly crosses her arms in front of her before letting them fall, this was meant to be her normal. Ava straighten up and walked with more confidence into an open area of club with a Conversation pit in the bottle and a bar around it. Ava stepped down into it, spotting Johnny on one of the sofas. Ava came up behind him, sliding her hands down his chest. Ava felt him flinch and reach for something in his waist band before spotting her face.
"Andreas!" He laughed.
"You miss me?" Ava whispered into his ear before walking around to the front of the sofa. John reaches an arm out and hastily pulls her onto his lap.
Guess this is our thing now