Chapter 68- Mass Casualty

Connor woke up alone, he'd grown use to the silence in Ava's absence. He dressed for the day, pulling on his scrubs, taking the time to look at Ava name on the tag that had taken up residence around his neck the past few weeks.

He hadn't spoken to Hank since he found the tracker on his car, choosing to get his intel from Jay directly. Connor had taken his car to the serviced after finding the tracker, making sure they searched every nook and cranny of the car for anything suspicious.

The car had been returned to him the same evening with a Guarantee that it was clean. Connor took his coffee to go, he was spending less and less time in the apartment. He pulled into the Gaffney park, he took a sip of his coffee and kissed the tag around his neck before getting out of the car.

"What do you have for me Maggie?" He asked, rubbing his hands as he came up to the nurses station.
"Chest pains from an 11 year old in T4" she handed him a tablet.
"Thank you" he took it off her.
Connor pushed back the curtain and went into the room.
"Hi I'm Dr. Rhodes" he introduced himself to the parents and child.
"I here your having some chest pains there buddy? You mind if I take a listen, Kevin"
Kevin nodded in his bed, Connor took his stethoscope from around his neck and placed it against the boys chest. He nodded slowly, "so I'm hearing a wheeze when Kevin breaths, do you know if there's a history of asthma in your family?"
"No" the father confirmed.
"Okey well I'd like to get" Connor was cut off by a crash outside the room.
"Like I was saying I'd like to get him tested just to rule it out and then we'll go from there"
Their was a knock on the door and Monique stuck her head in.
"Dr. Rhodes, is everything okey in here?"
"Yes, I'm just sending my patient for an asthma test" he said, typing it up.
"We can do that test upstairs, I'll take them" Monique offered.
Connor agreed despite his confusion, the test could be done on this room. He didn't object and watched the family leave. Before Monique left with them she stood close to Connor.
"Mass casualty, five mitues out, clearing all the trauma bay"

Connor swallowed and nodded, watching as the family was lead away. Connor help strip and sterilise the room with the nurses before the first painter rolled in.
"Okey we've got seven patients in total everyone, most need a full run down and need to be check for everything, we don't have details about their condition yet but they'll be here-"
"Female, aged 20-30s multiple fractures, we lost her on the way over" a paramedic called out.
"Right now, lets go people" Maggie clapped her hands.
Connor took the first patient, they got her back in the ambulance but she was still unconscious, Connor treated her arm, getting a nurse to help set it before sending her upstairs for treatment.
"Dr. Rhodes" a nurse called from a treatment bay.
Connor came flying in.
"Gun shot to the leg, didn't hit anything major but he tried to take to bullet out and made things worse" the nurse explained.
"Okey lets push painkillers and sedatives, get me an alcohol wipe" Connor said.
He put on his goggles and got to work, he safely removed a bullet and began stitching up his ankle before spotting something out of the corner of his eye.

"What are you doing?" He asked a nurse who was putting on restraints.
The patient had passed out from the blood before he had become more aggressive.
"PD orders, their 30 minutes out, say he's wanted in connection with something" she shrugged before leaving.

Connor changed his gloves, tossing them in the trash before leaving the room.
"Connor!" Will shouted as he passed.
"I can't get a line on or check for anything, she won't stop moving" Will said as she squirmed on the bed, he had both his hands on her wrists.
When will removed his wrist the women sat up, trying to removed her mask.
"Ma'am you need to stop resisting" Connor told her, pushing her gently back to the bed.
"I'm Dr. Rhodes, we're here to help you okey, but you have to relax" She fought back against them, grabbing onto their arms.
"Chest x-ray?" Connor suggested, noting her struggle to breath.
Will nodded in agreed after checking her heart.
Connor turn to call for an X-ray when a hand clamped down on his wrist.
He turned back to look at his patient, finally meeting her eye.

"Ava"