Chapter 80- Canada🇨🇦

"Toronto, Canada?" Ava sat up suddenly, looking at her surroundings.
"No, Toronto, Ohio, actually" Connor teased her.
Ava glanced down and spotted her green passport on the divider between them, next to Connors blue one.
"Oh Connor you should have woke me, that's like a ten hour drive" she rubbed her eyes. It was daylight now and their was snow falling around them.
"Its only eight" he assured her, "I was fine"
"When I said get away I didn't mean we had to leave the country" Ava wiped her nose, not meaning for Connor to travel such a distance.
Connor slowed the car on the deserted road, "You trust me, right?"
Ava rested her head against her head rest and looked to him, "of course" she put a hand on his knee.
"Good, because we're fifteen minutes away" he spread back up.

Ava picked up the little book between them and studied it, "I can't believe you saw my passport photo, I look awaful" she cringed seeing the back and white photo of herself.
"No, it's a lovely...mugshot" Connor smirked.
Ava shook her head and adjusted her curls at the front of her face, picking up the second book. Ava opened Connors passport and studied it, "Aww, it's you pre beard" Ava pushed his shoulder looking at Connors young looking face.
"Connor Mathew Rhodes. Date of birth, August 31st, 1983. Born Chicago, Illinois"
"You knew all that Avey" he shook his head, pulling off to the side of the road.
"Yeah but I'd forgotten what you looked like without this" Ava touch his cheek, feeling his prickly beard. Connor titled his head, bringing his lips to Ava's palm.
"We're here" Connor bought the car to a halt.

Connor had stopped in the driveway of a modest cabin sprinkled with layers of fresh snow.
"I'll get the bags" he smiled and cut the engine.
Ava hopped out of the car, closing the door behind her she looked up at the house before her. Connor passed her by holding their bags.
"Hey" she sped up after him, "I can" he pulled the bag away from her.
"So can I, Aves" he put one bag over his shoulder and one in the same hand, wrapping his free arm around Ava's shoulders.
Ava buried her face in his chest, the cold cutting her face even with the short period outside.

Connor led Ava up the short driveway and few steps to the front door, reaching into the mailbox for a set of silver keys. Connor unlocked the door,stepping back to let Ava through and out of the cold. Ava wiped the melted snow from her shoes no the door mat before stepping out into the house. There was an open concept with a spacious living room with open fire place attached to a kitchen and breakfast bar. There was a spiral staircase that lead you up to the bedroom just above the kitchen, the railing of the bedroom looking down into the living room.

"Wow, it's beautiful"
"Perfect little Canadian getaway" Connor came up to wrap his arms around Ava's shoulders. Ava turned in his arms an placed a hand on his chest.
"You get comfortable, I'll make us some breakfast" she said.
"There's food in the fridge" Connor nodded his head.
"Rest, I'll make something" she assured him.

Connor watched Ava go, sitting down on the sofa he took off his shoes, placing them neatly next to the door. He studied the decor in the house, spotting a sticky note above the fire place.

Pre-cut wood out back :)
Enjoy

Connor found a nearby box of kindling and smiled. He put back on his shoes, loosely doing them up before calling over to Ava.
"Just getting some wood for the fire!" He called over his shoulder.
"Be safe!" Ava replied, turning away from the stove.
Connor collected a few pieces of wood from the dry storage, pilling them in his arms he walked back into the house. He stacked the logs in the fireplace, building them up so they wouldn't fall down while burning. He made a little nest of kindling before lighting it, fanning it slowly till it took.