Chapter 79- Stress

Ava wound her legs around Connors, burying her face his his shoulder she pulled herself closer to him, throwing a second arm over.
"Ava, if you get any closer you're going to be on top of me" he patted her back, his voice thick from sleep.
"Sorry" Ava looked up to him in the dark.
"I just want you close"
Connor took a deep breath before moving. "Here" he rolled over her. Wrapping his arms around her waist Connor slide his leg between hers, resting head behind hers.
"Better?"
"Much" Ava breathed.

He nestled his head back into the pillow, taking a deep breath of her vanilla shampoo as he drifted back to sleep.
Connor woke to find himself alone in the bed, the lights still off. He reached for Ava but found the bed empty. Connor rubbed his eyes and moved to investigate.
"Ava?" He called into the empty apartment, hearing no reply he went through all the rooms in the house, not finding her anywhere.

Connor checked the balcony and looked down to the streets, trying to think of where she might have gone. He took out his phone and rang front office.
"Front office, Richard speaking"
"Hi Richard, this is Connor Rhodes from 86, I was just wondering if anyone left the complex in the last hour or so?"
"Why, hot date dun run off on you?" He joked.
"Eh something like that, why did someone leave?"
"No ones comes in or out since about two am, and no women either"
"Okey, thanks for that Rich" he said before hanging up the call.
Connor walked back into the apartment, his eyes fallin onto the table next to the door that had a rack of keys.

His car keys, and Ava's, his house key.....
Connor spotted his gym fob was missing from its hook. The apartment had a onsite gym on the fourth floor. You needed a key pass to use the machines, Connor had never requested for a second one for Ava, they had always shared.

Connor slid his slippers on and a thin dressing gown and left the apartment, hoping not to run into anyone. He got the lift down to the fourth floor stepping out into the sizeable gym and changing area.
The room way empty except for the sound of distant feet hitting the found and heavy breathing. Connor made his way over to the floor length windows where a line of treadmills were lined up. The center one was in use, Ava dressed in an Athletic dress with her over the head headphones.

Connor took a deep breath and moved to the machine, standing in front of Ava. She jumped slightly as she met his eye and slowed her machine to a walking pace.
"You sacred me" she touched her chest, taking a deep breath.
"Sorry" Connor frowned, having never ment to frighten her.
He held out his hand and Ava stopped her machine. She took his hand and stepped off the machine, studmbing slightly as Connor caught her in his arms.
He looked up to the time in her machine, "Jesus Ava, you've been running for nearly two hours, you'll faint at this rate" he steadied her.
"I just needed to blow off some steam" she exhaled, holding onto the machine.
"Come back to bed" it wasn't a question, he knew once Ava had calmed herself she'd return.

Ava kept his hand as he led her to the elevator, stepping inside Connor leaned back against the far wall, wrapping his arms around her he stood her in between his legs, wrapping her in his dressing gown as she lead back against his, placing both her palms on Connors arms he rested his head on her shoulder. The elevator made its made up to their floor a and the doors pinged open onto their floor soon after.

Connor waited to speak until they were inside the apartment, not wanting his neighbours to hear.
"You go shower and I'll make you something light before bed" He suggested.
"Okey" Ava agreed, making her way to the bathroom.
She peeled off her Athletic dress, stepping under the spray of the shower she washed the sweat from her skin, letting the warm water relaxed her muscles.

Ava wrapped herself in a fluffy white bathrobe, trying it tightly around her waist. She made her way quietly to the kitchen, not turning on any lights, only following the dim glow from the kitchen.
She found Connor sitting at the kitchen counter with a glass of water, and empty seat and plate of toast next to him. Ava slipped in silently, taking the free seat, the plate contained almond butter and avocado toast.
"The almonds will help you sleep" he pushed the plate towards her.
"Thank you" she took her first bite of avocado toast.
Ava put the toast down and wiped the crumbs from the sides of her mouth.
She picked up the almond slice and held it up to Connors mouth.
"You need to sleep too" she told him.
Connor smiled and took a little less then half the slice, leaving the rest of Ava.