Chapter 87- double date?

"Avey, Aves" he whispered.
"What" Ava rolled into him. Connor and Ava had both worked nights, getting off work at 6am the next morning.

They'd slept till one, for once not cuddling. Needing their own space after the night. But Ava curled closer to him as he spoke, his hand finding her hip.
"Nat and Will want to know if we want to go out tonight? Since none of us are working. Dinner and a movie?"
"Mhm, I could do that" she agreed, closing her eyes again. Ava turned her back to him, moving to the other side of the bed.
"Where are you going?" He asked, missing their closeness.
"I want an omelet" she told him, sitting up in the bed.
"Five minutes?" He reached his hand out.
Ava dropped back to the mattress, rolling back to Connor she wrapped herself in the duvet. Ava smiled contently into his chest, his around wrapped around her.

It was nearly two when they finally left each other's arms. Connor went to make Ava the
promised omelet while she went to freshen up.
"Good morning" Ava came home to him, kissing his lips. "Afternoon" she corrected herself.
"You're omelet's ready" he left her lips.
"Ohh, Thank you aim starving" she took the plates, happily digging into her, brunch?
Connor sat down with his own breakfast next to her.
"What are you wearing tonight?" He queried.
"I'm not sure, it's still early" said taking a bite of her omelet.
"I'm thinking black, you?"
"I'll match to you"

They lounged around the house for the next few hours. Often winding up back in each others arms. They got ready for the night, Connor was wore a formal shirt and trousers. Ava was dressed in a simple black slip dress with the pearl necklace he had bought her and a pair of low white heels. Connor came up to her as she fixed her hair in the mirror. He ran his finger down the fabric of her dress, so gentle on his skin. Ava met his eye in the mirror and turned into him.
"You look absolutely-"
A phone buzzed and cut him off. Connor exhaled onto her shoulder, letting his head lull into her neck. Taking a deep breath of her perfume.
"You should get that" she muttered, he could her the smirk in her voice.
Connor kissed her collarbone, "don't go anywhere"

Connor left the room to pick up the phone, thinking it was a hospital call.

Will 17.32pm
Leaving now, see you two there 🙂

Connor texted him a thumbs up and went back into their room. Falling with his arms around Ava. "That was quick" she chuckled, turning in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "It was just Will, there on there way. We'll leave at like 17.35pm"
His breath brushed her skin, his lips about to meet her pulse point when he was interrupted by a hand on his chest.
"You mean like two minutes ago?" Ava said, drawing his attention to the bedside clock.
"Mhm" Connor groaned, "I don't get enough time with you"
Ava pressed her lips to his. "Tonight?"
"All night" he breathed, returning her kiss.
Ava slipped past him before he could make anymore moves. Connor followed shortly after.

They met Will and Natalie outside the restaurant the two women quickly embracing. They went inside and got seated. Connor ran his hand down Ava's thigh under the table, his hand landing on her knee. Ava flinched away under the table and Connor pulled his hand back. While Nat and Will were looking at the menu she guided his hand back to her knee. They ordered a bottle of wine for the table, each intending to get a cab home that night.

They enjoyed their meal, talking briefly of work before moving onto lighter topics.
"Im just going to run to the bathroom" Connor stood up, kissing Ava temple.
Will excused himself to join Connor, touching Nat's shoulder as he left.
"You wear his ring?" Nat said In a way that Ava knew she'd been dying to ask.
Ava hadn't realised she'd been fondling the signet ring until Nat pointed it out.
"Eh, yeah. During the trials, and I was away" she shook her head.
"I get it" Nat stopped her, even if she didn't, she knew she'd want to be close to Will in anyway possible.

"You too seem close. Closer" She probed.

Ava thought for a moment.
"We slept together" she blurted out, downed the last of her drink.
Her mouth hung one for a moment, "well I suppose it was bound to happen" she chuckled.
"What was?" Will asked as he and Connor approached the table.
"Owen, growing and moving to a new school" Ava lied seamlessly.

They went to see The Tenet, they all sat in a row, with Nat and Ava between the two men. They movie played and Connor moved to wrap an arm around Ava onto to find her head leaning away. Connor look, Ava and Natalie had their heads resting together. Connor met Will's eye over the two women's heads and caught his smile. Ava's palm turned up on the armrest and Connor slid his hand into hers. Leaning down to kissed her knuckles.

The credits for the movie rolled and the couples departed the screen.
"We're just going to run to the bathroom" Nat said as they neared the exit.
Ava nodded and brushed some hair from her face.
They stepped outside into the Chicago cold, stopping just next to the cinema steps.
Ava leaned into Connor, wrapped her arms loosely around his neck. He slid off his jacket, draping it over her shoulders.
"I'm not cold" she kissed him.
"You're always cold" he muttered into her lips.
"You like my dress?"
"I love your dress" he peaked her lips. "And I looked forward to seeing more of it"
They pressed closer, Ava's hand on his chest.

The cinema doors opened a few meters away from them and they jumped back from each other. Nat and Will came down the steps to them, Natalie laughing at the couples behaviour.
"Are we interrupting?" She teased.
"Goodnight Natalie" she took her friend into her arms, kissing her cheek.
"Goodnight" she gave her a squeeze, before pulling back.
The couples said goodbye to each other. They let will and Nat take the first cab so they could get home to Owen. They stayed in each others arms outside the cinema, noses touching.

Connor hailed the next cab that came by. Ava and Connor sat in the back seat of the cab, their hands touching over the free middle seat. He helped her out of the car and paid the driver. They got the lift up to their apartment, letting themselves in to the dark. Ava dropped her purse on the side table, immediately turning to Connor. She wrapped her arms around him, their lips glued together. He scooped her into his arms and she kicked off her heels as he walked her to their bedroom. Connor was infinitely more distracted by what was in front of him to notice the sofa.
Falling into it he dropped Ava onto the armrest, her arms clinging onto him.
"That didn't happen the last time" she chuckled, referencing their first time. Connor had scooped her up in his arms, carrying her to their; his room.
"Are you okey" he asked, his breathing uneven.
"I'm fine", her lips finding his to assure him.
Connor trailed away, his lips making their way down her neck and the front of her dress.

"Stop" Ava breathed as he moved to lift her dress. Connor dropped her hem instantly, meeting her eye. "I want you up here with me" she looped two fingers into his collar.
Connor moved back to her lips, pressing a kiss to them before bending down to throw her over his shoulder. Ava giggled at his playfulness, and saw the care he took to lay her back on the bed. Connor leaned over her, meeting her lips with a smile.

A/n: 😗