10.

Rowan.

We reached the end of the forest. We watched the walls before we crept slowly towards clearing headed to the east part of the wall followed by Mason and the others. I stopped and put a hand up making the others stop too. I looked from left to right side of the wall as well as the top of the wall too. I then made a sign pointing to the wall. 3 of the men pull out their big bows with steel arrows and took aim. Mason made a stop sign and looked at the top of the walls first. When assured that its clear he noded at me and I ran silently towards the wall.

I put my back on the wall as soon as I reached it. I noded at Mason he gave the signal to shoot. The first man shoot the wall just a few inches to the left of my waist. I then kneeled as Mason signalled to stop and looked around then gave another signal to shoot. The next one was a farther right above the 1st one. When the coast is clear Mason signalled for the next. After 6 shots I then began climbing the wall using the steel arrows.

The last arrow landed just a few inches from my head. My heart pounded fast on how close that was. I looked back and saw Mason holding the bow. He was smiling and muttered Welcome kid. I then made a fist at him and he just chuckled. I made a mental note to make sure to punch him later. He then made a stop sign. I looked up and saw nothing but after a few seconds I heard what sounds like a soldier walking past. I looked at Mason waiting for his signal.

Mason then gestured there's 2 guards, one on the left the other on my right near where I was. I waited for Mason and after a few seconds he gave me the sign to attack.

I hurriedly climbed the last two arrows. As I landed, both guards have their back on me. I gave the guard on my right a neck twist, knocking him off instantly. I catched his body to prevent his armour from making any sound. I tapped him on his shoulder. As soon as he faced me, I punched him hard by the jaw knocking him out.

I then looked right and left then walked slowly towards the staircase waiting trying to hear anything approaching. I then peeked behind the statue near the staircase. There were two guard at the far east and two more on the west of the wall. Seeing it's clear I stood checked the grounds if it's clear then waved at Mason. He and the men then ran towards the wall. As soon as he reached me I grabbed him down.

I whispered. "Two by the east and two by the west of the wall."

Mason said. "We'll take care of it. Go to the gate tower. We'll meet here."

I nodded and walked silently crouching low until I reached the other end. I hid behind the statue and peeked at the staircase. I signalled Mason I'd be going down.

I went down the staircase as silent as I can. I then stopped at a landing which led to the controls for the gate. I peek and at the hallway there's a guard there. I then looked at the grounds where there were soldiers sitting at the corner wall. I then took out a small cloth from my pocket. It has a sleeping potion.

I peek at the guard who has now his back on me. I then ran as fast as I can and got him on the back but covered his mouth and nose right away. He struggled but after a few seconds he went limp. I laid him on the ground while I listened first. I then stood slowly with my back by the wall. I looked at the grounds the soldiers were still there talking.

I then looked up on the east wall our men looked and signalled ok. I then looked at the west, Mason who wore the guards helmet, signalled me okay too I then said Ok back. I went up at the staircase meeting two of our men who were now wearing the guard's gear but holding their own. I noded past them and went back to the wall.

I took my bow from my back, put a cloth at the end of the arrow and loaded it. I directed the end of the arrow by the torch to lighten it. And shot it where the troops could see. I then saw a small light near the forest which means they saw the signal. I then crouched low and went to the south wall where Mason was. Who's hiding behind the statue now wearing his own helmet.