60.

Prince Chaeyoung.

The Tyrians kept jumping while chanting happily "Hail King Chaeyoung!"

I let go of Mina for a while raising my hand to calm them down and let me speak.

"I am very happy to be an instrument of setting your country free. I would be very happy to rule your kingdom." They all cheered again so I raised my hand again. "However, I already have a kingdom waiting for me. A kingdom in which I'll soon inherit and also what I call home."

The look on the people's faces changed. "But I do know someone who's fit to be your king. Someone who's family have been fighting for Aevar in secrecy for years. He played a great role in this revolution. He helped me in this mission and had been helping Aevar for years. He has every right and worthy to be your king."

"You, people of Aevar chose me to be your King. But I will abdicate and will choose Dero, the leader of the rebels, to be your next King."

Dero was in shock. His men were all smiling and pushed him forward. He stood in front of me so I asked him to kneel. I then lay my sword on his shoulder.

"Dero, do you vow to protect Tyrian and all of Aevar from any aggressors? To make everything right, to continue to help your people, keep the peace and to serve your country til your last breath?"

Dero responded but no voice came out. He then cleared his throat first, gulped and said: "I will."

I smiled. "Well then, with the power vested upon me, I hereby appoint you Dero..." I took my sword off him and asked for his last name in a whisper.

I heard Momo chuckled then fake coughed.

"Dero Lotham from the kingdom of Tunkan, your highness."

"Thank you." I then put back the sword on his shoulder. "with the power vested upon me, I hereby appoint you Dero Lotham from the kingdom of Tunkan, to be The King of Tyrian and all of Aevar."

I lifted the sword and put it to his other shoulder. I gestured for him to stand beside me. I then raised his hand.

"People of Aevar, your new king, King Dero!"

They all cheered and chanted "Hail King Dero!"

I whispered to him 'the floor is yours.' he's trying his best not to cry.

"Thank you. Wow... Uhmm... First, I want to thank you Prince Chaeyoung for freeing us from Jaryu's reign. We'll be forever in your debt." He kneeled in front of me and soon followed by the people.

I pulled him up. "You did the same from me."

"Thank you as well for appointing me. This has never crossed my mind. What I wanted is for you to be our leader, our King. But I do understand your responsibility, that your home is at Kyria. Thank you your highness. We owe you all."

He then have a speech of what he wanted to do to the kingdom and the country. While he did that I placed my arm on Mina's shoulder, took her hand and smiled at her. Her eyes were no longer full of fear.

After that we were then led to rooms in which we could bathe and change. They arranged a feast using the food inside the castle. King Dero later said the food there would be distributed to the people.

After the feast we decided to retire early for we were all tired. As the crowd slowly disperses, I saw Mina walked out of the castle doors.

I followed her. I walked slowly while watching her. She reached the garden and looked around. She gently touched different kinds of flowers.

She even bowed just to smell them. I smiled as I see her smile too. I then made my presence known by calling her name. She turned and was surprised to see me.

"Oh shoot... Chaeyoung! You scared me for a second."

"What? Do I look scary to you?"

"No! i mean you startled me. It's not nice to crept up on a lady you know."

"Oh, my apologies your highness. I don't mean to creep up on you. I was just curious where you'll go. In case you know... I don't want you out of my sight."

She just stared at me then turned her back on me and continued walking. I walked behind her keeping my distance. This is somewhat comforting, walking at this peaceful night, smelling the fresh night breeze, looking at the beauty of the garden and most specially having her near me.

The past few days were torture seeing her from afar, in the midst of the enemy. Where I can't do anything but watch and pray he'll not do anything to her.

We reached the center of the garden where there were flowers of different kinds. This made Mina smile. Finally seeing her smile after all the days she's suffered.

"It's nice to finally see you smile."

"There's something about flowers and trees that soothes me." There were 3 benches in the center surrounded by the flowers. She sat in one, leaned on it and closed her eyes.

I chose to stand near the bench looking around.

"Why did you came?" I didn't expect her question.

"Wouldn't you want me to come?" I looked at her.

She looked at me. I'm confused by her expression. She then looked away.

"I... I wish you didn't... But I also wish you would... It's... I've never felt that scared in my life." She starts to tear up.

I went to her and went down in front of her. "I know. I see everyday how frightened you are specially whenever that brute comes. I want to shoot him down when I saw him touch you."

She then looked at me looking confused. "You see me everyday?"

"Yes. I sailed as quick as I can the moment I knew he got you. Dero fed me and provided me a place to stay near the palace. I have a view of your room. I swear I had my bow ready to strike him the other day."

I sat beside her and took hold of both her hands. "Fear not, cause I'm here to protect you. I will always come for you."

She then broke down and hugged me. I held her in my arms as I wait for her to calm down.

How good this feels. How fit it feels to have her in my arms. How I've longed to hug her for days. I will never let you go Mina. I'll wait, no matter how long it would take.