24.

Princess Mina.

I spent hours sitting by the grass with my back leaning on my favorite tree. My mind was clouded by the thoughts of him. It's been hours since he left yet he's still on my mind.

I was remembering all the things I felt when I was with him. I even compared it to how I felt with Rowan.

At the garden he hugged me and almost cried. He said he have been wanting to talk to me ever since he  came back here. He said he missed me and been longing for my hug. He held me as he said he can't stay long so he just said he'll be home soon. He then kissed me by the other cheek and said "I love you my Love." He then ran back to the east hallway.

His touch, his kiss didn't bring any shock of electricity, my stomach didn't do something weird, and it didn't make my heart go wild. I felt guilty and sorry for Rowan. As if I was cheating on him, it does felt like it.

Why? I've known Chaeyoung just yesterday. It was even just a few hours. Why do I feel all those for him and not for Rowan?

I then hear Sana's words in my mind. "...It's attraction. You are mad not on him but to yourself for being attracted to him..."

I'm not attracted to him. I shouldn't be for I'm with Rowan...

"Ughhh." My head started to ache so I lay on the grass and closed my eyes.

How I wish we're back to being kids where we don't have to worry about things even about love. I let out a deep sigh.

"That's deep. You look troubled." I then heard Sana's voice.

I felt her sit beside me. I opened my eyes and sat.

"Why would I be troubled?" I said not looking at her but at the view.

"Why, you say? The fact that you're here is one. You only go here when you're sad, mad or feeling troubled." She really do know me well. "And you're avoiding me by not looking at me."

She knows me too well. I looked at her then looked back at the view before sighing.

"Is that sigh for Rowan..." She said looking at the view before adding: "or is it for the Prince?"

I want to say it's for Rowan. But I know it's not just him. I was debating in my head which is it really? I myself are confused as well.

"Your face says both." She then looked at me. "I want it so bad to nonstop tease you, but then I realized how complicated your situation is."

She then hugged me.

"I do hope Rowan will come back first. So you could sort things first with him. Spend time with him for you to see what kind of love you really feel for him."

She was right. I'm not sure what I feel for Rowan and now with the Prince's presence, it made me more confused. I held on Sana's arms.

"I agree. I'm still afraid for him though. There's still danger as long as he's with them."

"And the Prince? Is it like how the books describe it?"

It's funny how we compare feeling through books and make it the basis for everything. Well can you blame us when we rarely wan to go out and Cause that's all we've known specially Sana. She has never been with a man as well..

"Your silence is screaming yes." I hate it when she's right.

"And you? I do hope you don't feel like how the book says towards Momo."

"Oh hell no. A monkey would be more interesting than that womanizer pig."

I laughed at her.

"What? Didn't you saw how he eats?"

"You got a point there." Remembering how well he ate at the feast.

"Maybe they have another brother who's more well rounded and gentle than Momo.

"Chaeyoung said he have a younger brother."

"Oh did he?" She said teasingly.

"It's not often you find someone you can connect with." Sana said which hit me hard.

Rowan and I are different. He's a people person. He loves talking to people and charming anyone he sees. I then thought; Do we even have something in common?

We stayed sitting there staring at the view for a few minutes. Sana stood, walked by the meadow and picked up a branch and held it near her mouth.

"The future queen of the Kingdom of Once are torn between 2 young men." Sana said in her announcer kind of tone. She then ran around then stopped peeking behind my favorite tree.

"2 gorgeous strong young men. One is her childhood sweetheart loved by many. While the other is a striking handsome young Prince who made her feel things she never felt before." She began running around again then stopped in front of me.

"Who would win the heart of our future queen? What do you think?"

The things she said were technically true. I stood and stole the branch from her.

"You're full of nonsense. Come let's go back or Papa will have a search party for her little girls."

I began walking towards the castle. She caught up with me and held my arm.

"Books does provide great insights. Though I am curious, but it sounds like love is complicated." She might be all goofy most of the time but when she's serious, she thinks deep.

"I'm no expert. We both spend more time inside the palace or the kingdom." I took a deep sigh. "When I did that herb journey, I felt like I was free yet uncertain about the unfamiliar surroundings. Like on a trip to an unknown place, you'll never know what's there until you test the water"

"like the Prince then, you're attracted yet you're reluctant for you don't know him. But you know I noticed something that you and Rowan don't have specially when you two danced."

"What is it?" I looked at her questioningly.

"It's undeniable and obvious the strong chemistry that you and Chaeyoung have. It's as if you're made for each other."

Great. Thanks Sana for reminding me of him again and the worse is she adds more things to think of. I'd be probably thinking about it again for God knows how long.