38.

Princess Mina.

Darkness came and we can't see much. There's only little light coming from the moon.

I feel Chaeyoung move as he peek through the opening again. He then went close to me and whispered. "It looks like it's clear. I'll go first, wait for my signal if it's clear. Be alert If I got shot I want you to run as fast as you can out of here. You can't go back in there. You understand?"

He wants me to leave him if he got caught. I don't want to, yet I nodded. I then remembered Papa and Sana.  He was about to go but I took hold of his arm.

"Wait." He then looked at me. "What about Papa and Sana?"

I felt his hand on my arm.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they found the way out there. I sent word to the nearest kingdoms, I just hope they're not that far or if they still have some troops left from their kingdom."

He's right, I'm sure Sana understood what I said earlier and find a way out.

He placed his hand on my chin and turn my face towards him. "You okay?"

I can see him trying to look at me with the little light we have.

"Yes." I put aside my worry cause we need to survive here and then we'll look for them. "If we get out of here, help me find them okay?"

"We will. But we can't face them all. We'll find help first." 

He's right. The enemies are far too many. I nodded at him.

"I'll go now. Stay alert." He took a peek first then after a few seconds he ran while crouching as fast as he can towards the trees.

I moved closer to the opening looking out if there were movements. My heart was beating so fast. Luckily there was no movement. I look at him then he gave me the signal. I took a deep breath then I ran as fast as I can.

He caught me as I came near him. He let me go immediately and put his hand on his sword while looking around.

Minutes passed by still no movements, we decided to move further into the woods. Based on where we came out, we're in front of the mountain. So we walked slowly around towards the side of the mountain. All the time my heart was beating wildly as we look out for the Tyrians as well.

We can't get any further cause we might run into the Tyrians so we decided to find somewhere to spend the night. Somewhere we could hide.

He looked around at the big trees.

"They're all big but it's roots aren't that big enough to hide us. If we could just climb up, but that'll be hard for you. Maybe..."

I cut him off.

"I can climb."

"You?" He looked surprised. "Can climb on trees?"

I looked up at the trees to find the perfect one where there's thick branches that could hide us. While looking I told him about the tree I used to climb from home.

"There's this lone tree on top of a hill where I usually go to think." I finally found the tree. I walked around checking it's trunk where we could best climb. Meanwhile I could feel his stare as he watch my every move.

"I've been climbing it since I was young to hide from the guards." I looked at him and he's not even shy with him staring. "This is perfect, it has thick branches."

"Impressive." He smiled after he looked up on the tree. "You're really not the usual princess that I know of."

"Like what?"

"Most if not almost all I've met were bratty, vain, dramatic, sassy, flirt and spoiled kind of princess."

"Me and Sana are definitely none of those."

"I believe you." He then took a rope that's tied on his belt. He did something to it before turning to look at me again. "Do you know how to use a rope when climbing?"

"I haven't tried. I just use my hands and feet."

I see him smile. He then went to the tree and put the rope around the tree. He gave me instructions on how to move the rope as he climb. He climb using it and it does looks easy and faster too. He then went down and asked me to try. I took his place.

I was startled when I felt him behind me. He went close enough for him to whisper on my ear.

"Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall." After he said that he stepped back.

That brought chills throughout my body and made my heart race. This time it got nothing to do with nerves. I haven't felt that with Rowan even if I'm so close to him. I tried to calm myself.

"Take your time. Just let me know when you're ready."

I readied myself once I calmed down.

"I'll go now." I felt him went near me.

"I'll be just here. Throw the rope once you've reached the branch."

I began climbing and after a few minutes I reached the branch. I say on the branch and then threw the rope down.

As soon as the rope reached the ground I saw movement on my left. My eyes went wide when I looked there was at least 5 men, two of which with torches. They were walking and looking around.

I looked down and can't find Chaeyoung. I began to panic. I pulled my bow and arrow and looked back at my left again. One of the men where getting closer to where we were. I braced myself and aim at him. I looked around trying to find Chaeyoung then looked back at him.

"Where are you?" I whispered to myself. I'm starting to get nervous. The other four enemies were now a bit far. Did he left? Did he hide somewhere? What if he couldn't find the tree where I'm at?

My aim was still on the enemy until he ran somewhere. I lowered my bow and began looking down again. I couldn't see any sign of him. The leaves and small branches are blocking my view, making it harder to search. It's been minutes yet he's still nowhere in sight and I'm really getting worried. Then suddenly a hand went on my mouth and his arm on waist trapping my hand where I held my bow. I panicked, trying to get his hand off me.

"It's me." That familiar whisper brought relief.

He let me go and I turned to him just to see him smiling. I punched him on his arm.

"What are you smiling for? Do you know how scared I was? I thought something happened to you or if you ran away and can't find this tree..." I whispered

I was shocked as he cut me off my hugging me.

"I'm sorry to make you feel that. I was just smiling for I can see how worried you were while looking for me. I'm here now. Okay?"

I don't know why but tears starts to make my eyes blurry. I then hugged him back. After a few seconds I composed myself and let go of him.

"Don't you ever leave me again." I said in a whisper.

He smiled. "I won't, my Princess."

He then moved towards the trunk and gestured for me to get closer.

"We'll sleep here sitting. We need to tie ourselves so we won't fall over. By the way, you choose well the leaves will cover us even in daylight."

I just nodded at him. He tied the rope to the tree and sat with his back on the trunk and tie himself. He then gestured for me to sit in between his thighs.

I stared at him, unbelievable. Isn't he aware how intimate that position would be. If I do that then I'd be leaning on him as we sleep.

Oh gosh, I'm in trouble.