19.

Princess Mina.

Sana went to my room just to make sure I will join the feast.

"I really can't see the point of joining." I said while holding a book which I've been stuck on the same page for a few minutes now.

"Why? Cause Prince Chaeyoung's coming?" She sat on the chair opposite to mine.

"I might lose my appetite seeing him on our table." I said absentmindedly turning the page even though I haven't read the previous one.

"I don't understand why you don't like him specially now what we heard about him were all lies. And besides You know Papa would look for you if you don't come."

"I really can't stand being in a room with him." I shut the book and stood. I went to the balcony and leaned by the railing watching the view.

"Why?" She followed me out.

"I..." I still can't find a reason. Though technically he didn't do anything aside from dragging me to Papa's chamber. "I don't know. I just don't like him."

"I wonder why. He's very attractive, charming and apparently a great warrior too. You'll never know, maybe Papa suddenly decides to have you marry him."

I turned to her upon hearing those ridiculous words.

"That ain't funny, Sana. No way he'll let me marry him nor force me as well."

"I'll take him if you don't want." She suddenly turned and was about to leave.

I was shocked. It took a few seconds to process just what she said. Did she really just said that and then leave me shocked? What is she doing? Is she letting me not come to dinner. She opened the door but before she goes out she looked back at me and said:

"I'd say there's no point of forcing you to join the feast. I'll just let Papa know. I'm sure he'll be sad, heartbroken even. His eldest, the heir to the throne, failed to show respect and hospitality to a Prince who's a guest. I'll have them send your dinner here. I'll go now. I have guests to entertain. For sure I'll enjoy the night. Have a great night sister." She went out of the door leaving me open mouthed.

Ugghh... Sana does know how to get into my nerves by making me feel guilty. I have no choice and I don't want to picture that arrogant prince all over my sister.

I stood and went into my walk in closet and brought my black dress. I called my lady in waiting to help me get ready. After putting on some makeup I hurriedly went out. I reached the sitting area where they were supposed to be waiting but it's now empty.

I walked towards the door to the banquet hall. I started to hear men and women chatting. I nodded at the guard and they opened the door for me. The guests all looked at me as soon as they noticed me.

I haven't thought about this. I actually forgot it's not just a dinner but basically a feast. I never intended a grand entrance. Sana is better in the limelight than me. I had to walk in front of a lot of people to reach our table.

I smiled and waved at them as they bowed as I walked by. Halfway through, I was surprised to see the Prince stood and now walking towards me.

He stopped in front of me. "Your Highness" He then bowed. He went beside me and offered his arm.

"You don't have to."

"I insist..." He took my hand and put my arm around his. "You look dashing tonight, Lady Sharon."