29.

Rowan.

The trip to the kingdom of Cait was uneventful. Me and Mason was In charged of the wall again. This time everything went smoothly. They were surprised and very much afraid of us. Their kingdom was a bit smaller than the others and with not much soldiers to fight. With the King's cooperation, we were done sooner than expected.

The Prince's were given accomodations while we were fed on a feast that night. The next day we started our journey back. I got excited as we got closer to the road to my kingdom. I was with a horse that time, so I rode towards the Prince and said my goodbyes. By this time the boys already know the truth. They all bid me goodbye before I embark on my way home.

As soon as I could no longer see them, I rode hard. At the first sign of darkness, I stopped as I saw the castle in sight. I stared at it fascinated, as if seeing it for the first time. I then rode hard towards it. I went to my house first and hugged my family. Mom couldn't stop crying even begged me not to go with the Prince anymore. After being fed, I washed up and changed into my usual clothes and went out to go tot he castle. The guards recognized me and saluted as I went past the castle gate.

My heart starts racing even nervous for I will be seeing my love once again. This time I'll get to spend time with her.

I asked one of the staff to call for the princess. I told him not to say it was me instead tell her a visitor came to see her and that I'll be at the garden. He bowed and went his way towards the hallway. I walked along the corridor that leads to the garden. Upon seeing it I suddenly remember the time when I saw the Prince approaching Mina. I still can't get it out of my head. How fit they are together. A Prince would fit more for a Princess than a soldier.

I have never thought of things like this. I never worried about our status not even other guys liking her. I was never jealous, not until him. He's way better than me in all points. I should be hating him, but instead I admire him. He's someone that I want to be. Fighting along with him taught me a lot.

I reached the garden and went past the arch towards the fountain. I then heard footsteps.

I smiled for I knew it was her, my love. I kept my back towards her as I hear her approaching.

"Excuse me..." I turned as I hear her voice. I heard her gasp. "Rowan!"

She ran towards me, and me to her. It felt like everything was in slow motion as we ran. Watching her as her blue dress flew with the wind, her face smiling yet her eyes are watering and her arms spread as she came nearer. I felt like crying witnessing an angel approaching me.

I catched her as she crashed into me. My arms automatically locks her in my arms as hers went around my neck.

"My Love... Ugghh I missed you so much."

"You're back... I'm glad you're back." she said as she hugged me tight.

I loosened my hug and looked at her lovely face.

"I've been longing for your touch since I got here the last time." I took her face in my hands.

"You're here now..." She hugged me again. "Don't go again, okay? Just stay here."

I smiled, it's good to hear that from her. I felt like she does love me. I made her look at me again.

"You know I can't just stay and do nothing when somewhere a war is brewing."

"A lot has agreed to fight from all kingdoms, you don't have to go." Her eyes full of worry, pleading even.

"Let's not talk about that..." I led her towards the bench, let her sit and rest her head on my shoulder while my arm is on her shoulder. With her near me gives much comfort making me forget the months of longing.