37.

Prince Chaeyoung.

"What are you doing here?" Was the first words she said upon me.

"Hi to you too, my princess. I'm well, thank you for asking." I said to her while keeping a lookout at my back.

I went beside her to get out of view from the passageway. I looked at her she looked scared and was just staring at me.

"It's gonna be okay. For now. We just need to get out of here." I kept looking and trying to hear anything from the passageway with my sword at the ready.

Mina seemed to snap out of it for she took out a map. She then said "There's only one way out which is at the end of the cave behind the waterfall. Sana and Papa are already there."

"No, there must be another way. Tzuyu himself explored this mountain, I'm sure he found out something." I said as I took the map out of my pocket and hand it to her. "Check this map."

She gasped. "This is more detailed than the one I have. Wait, there's one below where we're at."

We both looked at each other then took a peek down. It was a long way down the crater lake.

"You can swim, right?"

"No way. We're way high up."

We then heard footsteps coming from the passageway.

"We have no choice, we can't go through the waterfall we may lead them to your Papa."

The footsteps are getting nearer and Mina starts to panic. I took both her hands and made her look at me.

"I won't let us die here. Just trust me." Her eyes stared at mine and she eventually calmed down and just nodded.

She closed the lid of her arrows and put it and her bow on her back. I told her the right way to land on the water so we could avoid injury.
An enemy emerged but fell right away not knowing how steep the landing from the passageway was. The next one stopped just in time but I pushed him to fall. The next one tried to struck me with his sword but I was quicker. I deflected it and struck him with my sword then kick him to fall.

I took a peek at the passageway and saw more were coming.

"We need to go now." I took her hand. "Remember what I taught you."

She nodded and I counted then we both jumped. The feeling of falling was terrifying, what more for her. I landed deep. As soon as I could see I look for her and was relieved she made it. We swam upwards to the surface. I reached first but as soon as I did an arrow flew from above us. I took a deep breath and dived again.

I looked for her she was almost on the surface I swam towards her and stopped her from swimming up, instead I pulled her to dive at the same time swim west so we could be below the enemy's view. I guess she was running out of air for she was trying to let go of my hold. I went closer to her, held her head and pulled her to me. As soon as my lips touched hers I pushed some air to her. She was startled at first but she soon got it.

When I pulled from her I gestured asking if she's now ok. She gestured she is. I took her hand and we swam upwards. When we're near I signalled Mina to wait that I'll check it first. I slowly rose my head from the water and looked around. Aside from the arrows being shot on the water, I heard nothing and saw no one. I gestured Mina to come ashore.

I swam towards the shore. As soon as I felt the sand on my feet I drew my sword and walked while observing the place.

I soon felt Mina behind me. I asked her. "Where to next?"

"The maps are useless now that it's wet. But I remembered it was just right below the passageway entrance."

We walked where it was directly below the passageway. A few minutes have passed still we can't find it. I looked over Mina whose looking beside a big rock and the wall. I looked closely by the wall, feeling it with my hands. I looked at where Mina was but didn't saw her there. I looked around and I couldn't find her. I drew my sword and called out her name.

"Mina?" I started to panic when she didn't reply. Did the enemy got her? Did she went back tot he water?

"Mina!"

"I'm here geez..." She emerged behind the huge rock where I last saw her. "no need to panic."

I ran to her and took hold of her arm.

"Don't disappear like that on me again." I looked at her. She must've sensed the seriousness in my voice for she just nodded. I took a deep breath and let her go.

We went quiet for a few seconds.

"Sorry, I... I just found a gap between the big rock and the wall. I thought I'd check it first."

I really panicked there for a second. I didn't dare look at her, I just went to look at the gap. I could fit into it so I slid further and found a narrow opening. It was dark. It'll be hard to push further with no light for there might be something dangerous there.

I slid back out of the gap.

"I found a narrow opening but it's too dark. Find me a branch and twigs." I said to her. While I went to the nearest tree, pulled out my dagger and shred some of it's outer bark.

Mina came back with the branch and twigs. I compiled it and use a rock and my dagger to create a spark. When the spark came it lit the outer barks and soon created fire. I used my dagger and cut a small part of my clothing and use it to tie the twigs on the branch. Now we have a torch.

"I'll check it first."

"I'll go with you."

I chose not to argue. It's better if she's near me anyways. We went through the gap and into the narrow opening. It turns out it's also a passageway. Good thing I could fit on it. We could now see the end. I extinguished the fire and put it on the ground. I drew my sword and I could hear Mina drew her bow.

We walked slowly towards the opening. I slowly peeked through it. I observed around for a few minutes. It was quiet and no one seems around.

I walked back, faced Mina and whispered: "it seems clear but we can't risk it. We'll get out once it became dark."

She nodded. We stayed there standing near the opening. I can sense her beside me. Her arm touching mine. She wants to feel me near her. I can imagine how scared she is. And also worried for Sana and the king. I then remembered Rowan. I reached for my pocket to feel if it's still there. The hardest part would be on how will I tell her. I took a deep breath. I'm not ready to see her cry.