47.

Prince Chaeyoung.

"I was told you cried looking for me." After I said that, she stopped walking. I walked near her and smiled as I continue to tease her. "I can't believe my ears. The Princess who were so cold towards me shed tears for me?"

She suddenly turned and punched me by the arm.

"Ow! What's that for?"

"Is it funny? Is it funny that someone's crying over someone whom she thought was lost or died. Clueless of whatever happened to him."

Her eyes were now field with tears.

"You made me worry the whole 2 days! I thought... I thought you..." She was unable to finish she just broke down.

I quickly hugged her.

"I'm so sorry. I... You're right. That I shouldn't be smiling. I'm sorry." I held her as she cried. I led her towards the sofa without letting her go.

"We've cornered and fought few Tyrians at the 1st barracks. They were about to retreat back to 2nd barracks when something blew up. I got thrown back and hit my head on a tree. I lost consciousness for a few hours. I remember waking up it was dark and I can't see a thing. I thought I was dead for I can't feel my body except my head that felt like it was splitting in half. I soon notice I could move but just couldn't feel it due to the cold." I stopped for a second then continued.

"I still can't move the way I usually could so I lay there in the cold earth letting my body relax. I couldn't think of anything but to live... for I promised someone that I'll find my way back to her no matter what. I remember how she don't want me to go, to come with her instead. She'll even hunt me if I don't come back. And that gave me hope and the will to live."

I let her go so I could see her.

"I'm here now. I came back for you. I will never leave you." Tears are falling from her eyes again. We were like that for a few minutes. I spoke when I knew she's more calmer.

"I'm touched to know you came all the way here just to look for me."

She pulled away from me. That's when I noticed she's wearing Rowan's necklace.

"Who said I came here to look for you? I... I came for Rowan's body." She tried not to look at me. "I was just... After what happened to Rowan... I don't want another..." She cried again.

I hugged her again until she stopped crying. I feel her pain. Her heart broke when Rowan died.

I was reading it all wrong. She was a bit worried yes, but because she doesn't want anyone she knows die in war again. She was traumatized by Rowan's death and that was enough to break her heart and she doesn't want anymore.

It pains me seeing her wearing his necklace and that she came here to look for Rowan's body. Stupid of me to even thought she came to find me, that she's a bit of concerned for me, that maybe she does likes me too... But no...

Should I concede? And admit that I could never replace Rowan in her heart?

It hurts me too, yet I'm sitting here hugging her.

Momo suddenly bursted in my tent causing me and Mina to jump away from each other.

"Chaeyoung! Where are you?" He was looking at the bed. Mina took the first aid bag and hurriedly walked out of the tent. I watched and just let her walk away.

Nice Momo, perfect timing. "I'm here you drunkard."

Momo turned and smiled widely and wobbly walked towards me.

"Aha! There you are!" He said hugging me. His breath reeks of mead. ''I love you brother! I'm so glad you're not dead. I cried for you, you know that?" Seconds later, he soon fell asleep in my arms. I struggle with his weight but I was able to pull him towards the sofa.

Tzuyu came along with 3 guards whom he ordered to carry Momo back to their tent.

"He really can't be stopped when he wants to drink. He almost killed the server when I told him not to give him another glass."

I smiled but then it went away quickly.

"Mead would be a great idea now."

Tzuyu looked at me then stood and poured 2 glasses with mead. He went back and handed me a glass. I took it and drank it in one gulp.

He then stood again and took two bottles and poured me another which I drank right away.

"Tell me if you're ready." Tzuyu said drinking his glass. I drank 2 more glasses before I spoke again.

"I think I'm losing this battle..." I poured myself another glass and drank it. "I lost to a dead person."

"One thing I know and I'm sure about..." He said raising his glass then drank it. "You're never a quitter. You're hurt that's understandable cause it's your first heartbreak. But it's not the end. What she needs is time to get over. Don't rush just be there for her."

He poured himself another glass. "You've already spent 3 years finding her, would you let her slip away from you?"

He drank it in one go then stood. "I know you won't. Give her time." He then tapped my shoulders before he exited the tent.

Yeah. My first ever heartbreak. It hurts more than my body and the stitches, totally different from any pain I've encountered.

I'll get through this. Tzuyu's right, I will never give up on her.