71.

Prince Chaeyoung.

She was wearing a thick coat as well. I thought of surprising her.

I walked as slow as I can but she turned in time before I reached her.

"How did you know?" I said copying her as she leaned on the railings.

"Your feet is heavy. I could hear you approaching."

"It would have been great if I was able to surprise you."

"I would have been so frightened that I would have fallen to icy waters."

"I'll save you then."

"Like you always do." She smiled. "You make it sound so easy, like it's just a part of a job."

"Nah. Not a job. But a responsibility." I looked at her. "I feel very protective of you. That I want to be by your side always."

"You can't. You have a much greater responsibility to your kingdom."

"I know. That's the sad part." I said looking at the horizon.

"I don't want you to be sad. It is your kingdom whom you have dedicated all your life to. You fought for peace not just for your kingdom but for your country. I don't want you to give up something important for me ever again."

I looked at her and she was looking at me.

"I have thought about it many times ever since I came to Aevar. At first, I don't want you to come and rescue me. Save your own life and let me be. But you came." She took hold of my hand while looking at me. "You've done so much for me already Chaeyoung...." She paused, let go of my hand and averted her eyes away.

"...Don't make your life revolve around me. I don't want that... Please live your life the way it was before me."

With that she walked away. I felt devastated. That was her way of turning me down. Oh heavens, why does it hurt so much. Tears are starting to form. I quickly went to my room. And sat on the nearest chair.

"...Don't make your life revolve around me. I don't want that. Please live your life the way it was before me..."

Tears fell uncontrollably yet I continue to look forward. With blurry eyes I maintained how I sit with my head held high. That's how my father taught me. "If you want to cry, cry but with your head held high."

But I can't. It's way to painful. I slid on the floor and bury my face in my hands. Is this is really what she wants? To get rid of me despite of everything we have been through? I don't want to put it in her conscience that I've saved her twice. I want to point out I did everything for her because I love her.

Maybe she really doesn't like me. That I am not her type. Or maybe her type is like Rowan, young and more lively.

I don't know anymore. I just sat there crying my eyes out. Until sleep had taken over me.

The next day...

I woke up startled as I heard loud pounding at the door.

"Wake up you sleepy head! Or are you dead already?" Momo shouted with his annoying loud voice.

I stood up and opened the door.

"The staff said they tried to wake you but... Holy heavens! What happened to you?"

"What?"

"Your eyes all puffy and dark."

"I had a hard time sleeping last night."