RJ Caswen: Big Red's Afterparty (The Night Before Christmas Eve)

Requested by @CoraSummers
---------------------
Ricky's POV
I was in a hospital bed, feeling the pain in my swollen stomach while I was breathing through and squeezing my husband's hand really hard. Yes, I was pregnant.

E.J. and I had been together for a while now. We've dated since high school and college, and then we got married a few years later. Another year later, I found out I was pregnant. I told E.J. the news and he was thrilled about it as much as I was, and we told our families and friends and they took the news well and had been very supportive. We found out we were having twins, a boy and a girl. It didn't matter which gender we would have wanted, because we got both instead.

And now, it was Christmas Eve and I was in labor when I felt extremely terrified about having the twins. The night before, E.J. and I were at an afterparty my cousin-in-law, Ashlyn was throwing for her husband, who was none other than my best friend, Big Red, when he and his group won first place in the adults category of the tap dancing competition before he started to take a little time off from his tap dancing career for the holidays. And that was when I started to feel a little bit of the contractions.
-------------------------
*one night earlier*

E.J. and I were at Big Red's party, having a great time with our friends. Although, I didn't party as much, because of how heavy it was to carry twins in my belly and feeling both of them kick, and it usually would get too exhausting. I feel like I've been missing out on the fun, but E.J. said I needed some rest anyway. While E.J. was in the corner talking to Nini and Gina, it was kind of boring, sitting by myself on the couch and watching everyone having a blast. But then Big Red came up to see me.

"Hey buddy. How's it going?" Big Red asked.

"Oh fine, just feeling a bit tired," I answered.

"Let me guess: twins being active again?"

"All day, non-stop since I've felt their movements and first kicks."

We laughed a bit before I've felt another kick from one of the twins.

"Did they kick again?" Big Red asked again.

"Yeah."

Then Big Red put a hand on my swollen stomach just in time for more of the kicking as he felt it underneath his palm.

"Whoa! Dude, I've felt a kick from a little foot!"

"I think it's because they like you," I smiled.

"Hello, little babies. It's Uncle Big Red talking to you."

I laughed a little to see Big Red talk that way to the twins. He's done this other times before whenever E.J. and I would arrange to visit him and Ashlyn. And then, E.J. came back to me.

"Hey guys. Talking to the babies again, Big Red?" E.J. asked.

"Yeah. Can't wait for you guys to meet your little ones. I have a bit of a feeling that may look like you, E.J.," Big Red stated.

E.J. smiled at that comment.

"Biggie!"

Big Red heard Ashlyn calling to him.

"Coming, honey!" he rushed off to see his wife.

E.J. sat himself down next to me before he gave me a kiss and cupped a hand to my bump.

"You doing okay, babe?" E.J. asked me.

"Yeah. You know, it's not always easy when it comes to being almost nine months pregnant but have to miss out on most of the fun everyone's been having," I made a fair statement.

"I know, and I miss you doing that before you'd gotten pregnant, but it'll be over soon before you know it. Even though, we might plan on do something together if we ever wanna have time away from our kids in a few months from now," E.J. pointed out.