RJ Caswen: Constant As the Stars Above

Summary: Ricky and EJ's daughter cries in the middle of the night, and they have the idea of singing her to sleep.

Title based on the song from Barbie as Rapunzel.
-----------------------
Ricky and EJ have been living in wedded bliss for three years, and a few months ago, they recently welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Gwendolyn Lucy Caswen. Little Gwen.

After having the best careers of being an actor and a musician while they were living in Los Angeles, Ricky and EJ had found the time to finally settle down and have a family by the time they moved back to Salt Lake City for a while. A couple years after they got married, Ricky got pregnant, and when he told EJ about it, they were both so happy. Then Ricky gave birth to a daughter, and he and EJ picked the name Gwendolyn, for a first name and the other, Lucy, for a middle name. Over the last months, Ricky and EJ had been enjoying their time off as dads to their little girl, but sometimes, they would have trouble getting enough sleep whenever Gwen would cry, and they would try to do what they could do, like giving her a diaper change or a bottle. But when those things wouldn't be able to work, what else could they do when they haven't done it yet?

It started out on a peaceful night at the Caswen household as Ricky and EJ were sound asleep. They had put little Gwen to sleep a couple hours ago, and they were hoping to get as much sleep through the night as possible, because Ricky, himself, had a hard time sleeping while he was pregnant with Gwen as she would make movements, including giving out little kicks, inside his belly, and he would get exhausted by the next day. EJ got concerned for Ricky when he thought he was not getting enough rest, so every night since they welcomed Gwen into the world, EJ would in bed next to Ricky, wrap his arms around his body and try to not let him go, and it would make Ricky smile in his sleep when he liked it.

After having successful careers since after high school, being happily married for three years, welcoming a beautiful baby daughter, nothing could ever ruin the life of Ricky and EJ Caswen. Except...

"WAAAAAAH!"

"Huh?" Ricky slowly awoken as he heard something.

And that something was the sound of his three-month-old daughter's loud cry coming from the baby monitor. Ricky's eyes were slowly opening up as he was listening to Gwen's cry and his eyes popped wide open.

"Oh no!" Ricky started wiggling his way out of EJ's arms.

"Hey baby, what are you doing?" EJ noticed the second he started waking up.

"Sorry, Eej. Gwen's awake and she's started crying. I'm gonna go check on her and I'll be right back," Ricky told him.

He got up from the bed, but got pulled back down by EJ when he grabbed him by his shirt.

"Uh-uh-uh. You stay right here, and I'll go check on her," EJ insisted when he was getting up from the bed.

"But--"

"No buts, Ri. You haven't had much rest since you've had Gwen. You need some sleep right now," EJ told him.

Ricky could still hear his baby girl crying in need of one of her daddies to comfort her, but when he faced EJ, he knew deep down that he really wanted to sleep more often.

He sighed in defeat and said, "Okay. You go take care of Gwen, and I'll be right here if you need me."

"Okay. Come on now, back to sleep you go," EJ gently commanded.

Ricky settled himself back onto the bed as EJ pulled the blanket to cover him. Ricky slowly closed his eyes back down when he drifted off to sleep while EJ stroke his curls.

"That's it, my love. Sleep away," EJ whispered before leaving a kiss on Ricky's forehead.

Then EJ got up from the bed and exited the room to check on Gwen.
-----------------------
*Gwen's room*