We aren't meant to be Pt. 2

*mild fluff
*Mild angst
*Happy ending :D

3rd person pov:

The hashira paced around the empty corridors, fidgeting with his haori nervously. Fear and anxiety had a death grip on his heart, he was worried that the worst possible outcome might occur. He prayed to the gods that he was okay, he prayed that he would survive, he prayed that he would forgive him. He didn't want to be lonely, he didn't want to wake up one day and regret apologizing because it was too late. The door opened and a female exited the room.

"How is he?" The male shouted, grabbing the female's shoulders. His eyebrows were knitted into a worried expression and his eyes were full of regret and painful love.

"Calm down shinazugawa"

"How am I supposed to calm down when tomioka is injured? He almost died!"

"He's fine now, he's heart beat is back to normal. He's asleep right now so I suggest you come back tomorrow"

"Can't I stay by his side?" Sanemi pleaded.

"Unfortunately, no. It's past visiting hours"

"Please, just this once, I won't make a ruckus, I promised"

"No, the last time you promised that, you fought with tomioka"

"Please..."

"No"

"Then can you let me take a look at him?"

"No"

"5 minutes, I'll just have a quick look at him"

Shinobu hesitated but relented in the end.

"Only 5 minutes" she ordered. Sanemi nodded and entered the room, he saw the ravenette sleeping peacefully on the bed, his head was wrapped in bandages and there were bruises on his face. His arms were littered with gashes that oozed crimson red blood and his ankle was swollen. Rage bubbled in the wind hashira's stomach, he clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. He regretted killing the demon so early, he should have tortured the demon untill it was begging to be killed, he wanted to torment the demon for hurting his beloved, he wanted the demon to feel pain. Sanemi lovingly caressed giyuu's hand and sighed when shinobu reminded him his time was up, he exited the room, gently closing the door behind him.

...

The ravenette sat on the bed, flipping pages of a book he was reading. He sat there quietly, enjoying the peaceful silence of the room. There was a knock on the door and the ravenette looked up.

"Come in"

The door opened and the brunette's heart sank when he saw the man.

"Hey.." sanemi muttered.

"Hi.." the brunette mumbled, he returned to his book, trying to ignore his unexpected visitor.

"So, um, how is your body now?"

"Fine"

"Are you in pain?"