Detention

*fluff
*High school au

3rd person pov:

"Oi, tomioka. Can ya help me with this shit?" A raspy voice grumbled, lightly tapping the ravenette that sat Infront of him. The male flinched at the action and hesitantly truned around, cheeks dusted with a light pink and eyes glistening with vibrant sapphire.

"What do you need help with?" The ravenette replied quietly, gazing at the latter whose face was upturned into a frown and ruffling his hair aggressively.

"Stupid math shit. How the fuck do you solve this equation???" He growled, pointing at a question with his pen and jabbing the paper aggressively. The ravenette gulped and took out a pencil, turning around in his chair before meeting the agitated gaze of his classmate. He poised the graphite over the clean sheet of paper, before pressing down and writing a few strokes which created numbers and foreign letters.

"Let X be.." giyuu spoke, teaching the scarred male and simplifying the questions which made the daunting question seem as easy as 1,2,3.

"Oh, I see. Thanks" the scarred male mumbled, jolting down the equations quickly before they left his mind. He flipped a few pages back and pointed at another question.

"I don't know how to do this question as well" he admitted, circling the question number multiple times to leave a dent in the thin paper. Giyuu breathed in a shallow breath, swallowing his nervousness before explaining the question. He sighed, holding up his graphite once more before scribbling the equations down.

Scratching of papers and muttered filled the empty classroom, followed by silence and the whirs generated by a single fan that sat in the centre of the classroom. The duo were in the class, staying back as a form of detention for being very, very 'early'. So early in fact, that they missed 3 classes due to thier carelessness - giyuu having overslept from pulling all nighters and sanemi being late for getting into a fight with some juniors. The discipline teacher had left the room to search for something, leaving two students behind to be obedient and do their homework. Sanemi had originally wanted to ditch detention but the principal's warning of suspension held him back from his rebellious mischief, and giyuu - being the good kid that he is - accepted his fate of detention.

"How do you do this question as well?" Sanemi asked, eyeing the ravenette who sighed under his breath, "I have a lot of math questions to ask"

"Okay" giyuu mumbled, standing up to turn his chair so that his full body was facing the scarred male. Giyuu held up his graphite and started scribblings numbers followed by equations that were endlessly long. Sanemi observed his classmate, paying no mind to the ravenette's explaination as he observed the man infront of him.

"I also have this math question my tuition teacher gave me. Can ya help me with it?" Sanemi asked, pulling out a picture on his phone followed by a blank sheet of paper.

Giyuu nodded and started reading the question, raising a puzzled eyebrow as he tried to comprehend the alien like language called mathematics. He started writing his workings, face furrowing into a frown when the answers were wrong and cancelled his previous equations before working on a new one. The delinquent leaned back in his chair, smirking with satisfaction as his eyes gazed over giyuu.

The ravenette looked adorable whilst he was concentrating on the math equation - brows knitted into a frown and his sapphire eyes shining with displeasure whilst he unconsciously pursed his pink, plush lips. His eyes squinted slightly whenever his answers were wrong and he aggressively crossed out the workings, huffing with annoyance before brainstorming another method that could solve the puzzle. Giyuu would have given up but his pride and his tenacity kept him from surrendering to the question, only pushing him forward and encouraging him to persevere - which sanemi had found unique.