The past and the present

*angst :)
*Sweet ending

3rd person pov:

The male stared at the celling, tears rolled down his cheek and he wiped it away. He sat up, grunting at the pain that shot through his lung, it was gradually getting harder to breath each passing day. He looked to his right and it was empty, just like his heart. He placed his hand on the cold spot, trying to find some warmth in it but it was futile. He saw a stray black strand of hair on the futon and gingerly picked it up. More tears flowed down his face as he remembered his dead lover.

"Good morning nemi!" The brunet cheerfully greeted, smiling brightly at the male.

"Morning yuu" the male greeted back, ruffling the brunet's hair. The latter giggled and snuggled into the male, breathing in his windy scent as they cuddled against each other in the lazy morning.

The male slammed his fist into the futon and bit his lip. He took a deep breath, pulling himself together before stumbling out of the futon. He staggered around the empty halls, using the wall as a support since his legs could barely support his weight. He entered the kitchen, missing the smell of burnt toast, he opened the fridge and saw that it was empty. His stomach growled hungrily and he shut the door, cursing under his breath as he ran his hand through his hair.

"How did you even burn bread?" The male wheezed out, clutching his stomach as his body shook with laughter.

"I don't know how to cook, okay?" The ravenette pouted, annoyed that his lover was teasing him.

"I'm sorry babe, its just so funny" the male burst into another fit of laughter. The brunet's lips curved into a small smile and he smacked the latter's back.

"Oh shut up, how about you cook instead? You can't even wake up early in the morning to make breakfast" the ravenette pinched the male's cheek. The former hashira rolled his eyes and ruffled the brunet's messy bed hair.

"You're hair grew longer" the male noticed.

"Yeah, I need to go to the barber to get it cut"

"I can help you"

"No!" The brunet gasped, horrified by his lover's suggestion,"you messed up my hair so badly the last time you cut it!"

"It wasn't that bad"

"It was! There was an obvious hole in the back of my head and uzui was laughing at it. I had to wear a hat whenever I went outside for 3 months!"

"Oh it was that bad" the male laughed out loud.

"Shinazugawa sanemi! I hate you!"

"Shit!" The former hashira gasped dramatically, "what should I do for you, tomioka giyuu the great, to forgive me?"

"Make me my favourite food!" Giyuu ordered.

"Yes sire!" Sanemi shouted, saluting at his lover. The couple howled with laughter at their little skit.

Sanemi smiled fondly as he reminiscenced the memory.

"Hey, yuu-" he turned to his right and was the cold reality hit him like a train. He sighed and reached out his hand, hoping to touch the tanned and smooth skin of his lover.