We aren't meant to be Pt 3.

*fluff

3rd person pov:

The ravenette sat on the bed, flipping through pages of a book he had read multiple times. He sighed and threw the book on the bed, yawning sleepily as he stared out of the window. Purple and orange streaks painted the once blue sky and the sun was dipping into the horizon. The garden was dotted with purple and white flowers, a gentle breeze tickled the brunette's face and he smiled softly at the beauty of nature. The door creaked opened and he turned his head to look at his visitor.

"Good evening shinazugawa" giyuu greeted.

" 'Sup, where do you want me to place the books?" The wind hashira asked, holding a heavy box full of mystery and non-fiction books. Giyuu pointed at an empty area next to a pile of books and sanemi set down the heavy box, groaning as he felt a crack in his knees. He had bought the books from a town which was a few kilometres away and he had to carry the books by hand since the bookstore didn't offer any delivery services. Sanemi stood up and stretched his shoulders, cracking a few joints as he felt relief surge through his arms. He walked towards the brunette and ruffled the latter's hair, smiling softly at his adorable lover.

"You're messing up my hair!" Giyuu whined.

"It was already a mess tomioka" sanemi teased. The ravenette huffed and crossed his arms, pouting at the wind hashira. Sanemi chuckled and took a comb, he sat beside giyuu and ran the comb through the latter's hair, untangling the silky black locks.

"Thanks for buying me the books" giyuu muttered, leaning into the warmth of sanemi's hand.

"Your welcome, have you eaten dinner?"

"Yeah"

"What did you eat?"

"Aoi prepared a beef donburi"

"That sounds nice"

"Yeah it was, Aoi's cooking is delicious"

The conversation ended there and the two males sat in comfortable silence.

"Shinazugawa" giyuu called out, breaking the silence. He sighing softly under his breath and Sanemi hummed in response.

"Do...do you really love me..?" The ravenette mumbled. The wind hashira sat down the comb, staring at his trembling lover. He wrapped his arms around the ravenette and pulled him onto his lap, he shifted the brunette so that giyuu was facing him and he cupped the latter's cheeks.

"Tomioka.." sanemi whispered.

"Sorry, that was a stupid question" giyuu mumbled, turning his head away and using his hair to conceal his face as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Tomioka" sanemi spoke softly, he gentily tilted giyuu's face and wiped away the ravenette's tear. Giyuu bit his lip, anxiety filled his eyes and he gulped. Sanemi leaned down and brushed his fingers over the brunette's lips.

"Can I?" He asked in a hushed voice. Giyuu nodded and the wind hashira connect their lips. The kiss was gentle and loving, there wasnt any sexual tension or aggression in the kiss, it was a simple intimate act that was meant to prove sanemi's love for giyuu. A firey passion coursed through the ravenette's veins, warming his body up as the cold wall giyuu had built up slowly broke down.

"I love you a lot tomioka, I was a fool to not realise it" sanemi whispered when he pulled away. He peppered soft kisses on the ravenette's face and giyuu let out a soft chuckle at the ticklish feeling.

"I love you a lot tomioka, I'm really sorry for the pain I put you through, I was an asshole and I did what I liked. Im sorry tomioka"

"But..don't you like the other girl..?" Giyuu asked, he was still doubtful of sanemi's love. They reconciled and became a couple a month ago, the wind hashira had showered the ravenette with love but giyuu had lingering feelings of doubt and uncertainty.

"I was naive and blinded by lust, I thought sex was the only thing needed in a relationship. I didn't know how to love and I didn't know how precious you were to me"

"Do you really mean it?" Giyuu sniffled out.

"Yea, I really love you a lot tomioka, I was so scared when I saw you bleeding and unconscious in our previous mission, I thought you we were going to die" sanemi mumbled, pressing giyuu's face into the crook of his neck.

"I'm really sorry for all the shit I did to you in the past, I was an asshole and took you for granted"

"You..you won't treat me like before right?" Giyuu croaked out, his tears were falling and he was whimpering.

"I promise I won't" sanemi cupped giyuu's face and leaned in for another kiss. He wrapped his arms protectively around the brunette's waist and pulled him closer to his chest.

"I love you tomioka" sanemi whispered, planting a kiss on the top of his lover's head.

"You..you can call me giyuu" the ravenette mumbled, his face was a little red by the sudden intimate actions and his heart was fluttery.

"Then you can call me sanemi" the wind hashira smiled and kissed giyuu's hand, earning a small yelp from the latter. Sanemi chuckled and brushed giyuu's messy fringe to the side, caressing his lover's face as he stared lovingly at him. Giyuu's crying slowly came to a pause and he snuggled into sanemi's hand.

"I'm so happy you gave me a second chance"

"I'll throw you in a ditch if you treat me horribly again" giyuu pouted.

"Yes sire" sanemi chuckled. He gave a small peck on giyuu's cheek and smiled, "I'll make you your favourite when you're discharged"

"I want ohagis too"

"Alright"

"And cuddles"

"Yes sire" sanemi laughed at his needy lover. Giyuu's mouth curved into a small smile and he burried his face into sanemi's chest, enjoying the familiar warmth which encased him.

"You're so cute" sanemi teased, pinching giyuu's cheeks. The ravenette huffed and propped his chin on sanemi's chest, pouting at his lover. Giyuu's pouting face was adorable, his eyebrows were knitted together and his lips were puffed out, his pouting face was boaderlining a frown which makes it even more loveable.

"I'm not cute, I'm cool" giyuu scoffed.

"You're too fucking adorable, I swear I'm going to die"

"Then die"

"How could you!" Sanemi dramatically gasped. Giyuu giggled at the wind hashira's reaction, finding his lover amusing and funny. Sanemi smiled and layed the both of them down on the bed. Giyuu snuggled into sanemi and the latter rubbed his back. They both cuddled against each other, their warmth and passionate love comforting each other as they slowly drifted off the sleep.