[31]

It's time for the game. Derek said yesterday that I mustn't go but I want to go. I have to go and help my team to win. I change my clothes, grab my stick but before I get out of my room Derek calls my name. I walk downstairs and he stares at me. At my stick.

"Listen. I know that you don't want me to go but-"

"You have to go" I look confused.

"But you don't want me to".

"Well you want to".

"The real reason, Derek".

"Keep an eye on your coach till tomorrow that I'll meet with him".

"Got it".

"C'mon. I'll drive you".

"Sure?".

"Let's go, Yn".

We both walk outside and get into his car. He starts driving. We are silent at first but then he talks.

"How do you think that he found out?" he asks me.

"I have no idea".

"You always think of something" I look at him as he continues driving.

"This time I don't" he looks at me and raises his eyebrows and afterwards he looks in front again. "Maybe ... At a lacrosse game that I played" I say in a low voice.

"So that means?".

"I have more control of my Omega now".

"So that means what, Yn?" I sigh.

"He doesn't allow me to get out of the team".

"Why? It's your choice".

"Well ... There is a way to leave the team but-"

"Tell me" I sigh again.

"He warned me today. I was late at the first class and it was his. Economic. He said that if I be late one more time I'll be out of the lacrosse team and I'll have detention".

"Because you got late?".

"I'm always late to his class".

"Mhm".

"I don't like being late but something is always happening and I'm getting late at his class. It's always his class that I'm late. No other teacher".

"Guess it's luck".

"Luck my ass" I say in a low voice.

We stayed in silence till we arrived at school. I don't make any move to leave the car.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"I don't want to leave the team" he stares at me and I look at him. "If I leave, I'll have to start taking my medicines again" I look down at my hands.

"Medicines?".

"For my ... IED" he lets out a sigh. "I don't want to take them again. They don't help at all".

"If someone suggested them to you then they are probably good for your situation".

"The therapist and the psychiatrist that suggested them to me don't know anything about me. They never learned anything about me and everything about my life".

"How don't the medicines work?".

"They make me wanna sleep and they don't help with my nerves".

"Why do you say that?" I start recalling the memories back to my mind from when I was with the family and taking the medicines.