[94]

It's the next morning. I change clothes:

When I'm fully dressed, I wake up Eli

"Eli? Eli" he jumps from his sleep and sighs.

"No".

"Yes. Change and I wait for you outside. We will be late".

"What time is it?".

"7:45".

"WHAT?".

"Quickly".

I grab my bag and my phone and walk outside. 3 minutes later I see Eli running outside. As we get out we see Theo in his car waiting.

"Theo?".

"Get in" Eli and I enter and Theo starts driving. "You're never late so I assumed you didn't wake up".

"Thank you" he nods at me. Eli puts on his headphones.

"How are you?" Theo asks me.

"Scared of what I'll hear at school".

"Don't care for what they will say. Okay? It's going to be alright".

"I hope so".

"How are you two?".

"Well we fought a bit at first but we are okay now".

"You okay with that?".

"Absolutely. I'm happy that he stayed with me".

"Did he have another choice?".

"The adoption center. Yesterday he said that he will go to stay at Harlan's. He said that when we fought".

"But he didn't go".

"No. He came back home and apologized. I don't know if Harlan talked to him or something but he changed his mind".

"Or maybe he understood that was wrong" I shake my head.

"He was hurt. He was in pain and couldn't think clear" he nods at me.

"He lost his dad after all".

"Yeah".

"How and he doesn't go back to his mother?".

"I don't know to be honest. He said that he hates her. I didn't learn anything more".

"Weird".

"I won't pressure him to tell me anything. If he wants to tell me, I'm here to listen".

"You love him a lot. Huh?".

"He's my cousin" I look at Eli from the mirror. "He's like my brother" I look at Theo.

"Now that you said brother. I haven't seen Malia in a while. Is she okay?" I shrug.

"I have no idea. She cut contacts with the Hale family. I don't know anything about her".

"You're twins. Right?".

"Quite".

"Same year, 9 months difference?".

"You got it" he chuckles.

"I never understood why she chooses the Tate family over the Hale".

"Maybe because it's way better".

"What do you mean?".

"In the Hale family there is drama. We have so many enemies that we don't even know about. Eli and I got enemies that we have no idea that are alive. Peter and Derek didn't tell us anything and that's worse".

"That's a good point for not choosing that family".

"Yeah but I miss her. I hadn't seen her in ages and now that I found her, she doesn't want to be around me. She's not wrong though but still".

"Why do you say that?".

"Can you imagine what everybody will say for the people that are close to me? For you? For Eli?".

"Not like I care" I look at him.

"You don't?".

"I don't care what they will say. I want to keep that friendship".

"Ugh. I love you, Theo. You're always here for me" he smiles.

"And I always will be. You saved me. Remember? You were the only one that didn't criticize me for who I was and what I did. You gave me a second chance even if you shouldn't".

"Everybody needs a second chance. That's the only thing that I learned in the rehab".

"I don't know if that's good or not" I laugh.

"It's fifth fifth".

We finally arrive at the school. Just in time that the bell rang. Eli rushes to his class and Theo and I go to ours. As we entered I see Stiles sitting at the middle of the class. When he sees me, he sighs. The only empties seats are right behind him. Theo and I go and sit down.

"I'm sorry for yesterday" I hear Stiles saying. I don't reply. "I didn't mean anything from what I said".

"When we are angry, we are saying truths. Then you know who is real and who is not".

"I promise. I didn't mean it. I was just angry that you took the blame" he turns around and looks at me.

"That's not a reason to say that my father and all the families, that had me before and hurt me to death, are the same as me. Me and them are nothing alike and never will be".

"I know. It was stupid of me to say it".

"Good to know that" I open my book trying to distract myself.

"Yn, please. I'm sorry. I-"

"Leave her alone. Alright?" I hear Theo saying.

"And why would I listen to you?" Stiles answers.

I look and Theo and he nods. He shuts his mouth and opens his book as well. The teacher enters and the lesson started. Stiles didn't say anything else while we were in class. Only he was texting someone from time to time. But I didn't give any attention to it.

The bell finally rings. I pack my stuff and Theo and I walk outside. We have a gap between our two classes so we go in the library and walk around the halls.

"Thank you" I say and he looks at me.

"For what?".

"For before" I looked at him. "Thank you that you stood up for me".

"Of course, Yn. I always will".